Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an on-board air system in my jeep, using a "saden" A/C compressor. I fab'd it in. I would like to install a simular system in my truck, maybe one day I will, but for now I use tiny electric airhorh pump & tank.
For you, mounting to the 318? you should be able to locate all the required bracketry (if you don't have them already) from a dealer or junk yard. Different clutches are available for the compressor, I would not weld anything to the stock truck pullies, just change the clutch on the compressor.
I don't know for sure, but I would suspect you can find longer or shorter serpentine belts to fit, once you have it mounted.
A few other things to consider. A pressure cut-off switch. The compressor in my jeep is rated for 325psi (airtank only 150) I have the clutch wired to a pressure cut-off switch. Also, a pop-off valve, in case the switch fails (it open's at 160psi and it's freakin loud when it opens!)
Be glad to answere any questions, e-mail me or post them.

Troy

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just called the company, and talked with the customer service, they don't have systems for the Dodge's yet! Their mainly working on the chevy's & GM line right now. In the future, they should start working on Dodge specific applications. The DIY kits they have, are not complete. The mounting braketry will have to made. So, were s&^% outa luck there.
Looks like my tiny electric will have to do for a while longer.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
<!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://www.onboardair.com" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End --> has combination pulleys for our application. Serpentine and v-groove all new machined for the alternator.

Also, I hear that <!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://www.pumasales.com" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End --> has a 12cfm Sanden style compressor built for air for $279 and they make a bracket kit for an extra $95 or so.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
anyone ever check out aim industries (www.aimind.com) they have a ton of compressors, fittings, hoses, tanks, air machines. they deal with the low riders witht the airbag suspensions.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked out the link Jason added, On board air. I'm glad to see that their working on a Dodge V10 install kit. Hopefully it'll work for the 360 as well.
If it does, I'm gettin one!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts