Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard about these new Yokohama tires? I have a Summit Racing catalog and it has these tires in it. The are really nice and a little bit nobbier then the Mud Terrains. They have deep lug and directional pattern which adds better traction and it they also have extra sidewall ribs for better stability on the trails. If anyone has heard of these and has more to add tell me. Replies would eb appreciated.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Well I know that they are a great snow tire, and ok in the rocks. As far as mud they ranked last in 4wheeler's mud tire test. However they are a good off road tire but not as hardcore off road as a swamper. How much do they cost? For a 35 don't spend over $200 cause you could get a much better tire for that size. They do well in the mud but don't be suprised if a swamper does better.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
They are super soft, they don't last long on the road. This makes them really sticky on therocks, but I am not sure how well the sidewall stands up to abuse though.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For a 35x12.5-15 it costs $137. Well its a good thing that they are good in the snow and rocks but I will go through mud probably more then rocks. So I have to find a good tire for mud, it has to be a 31x9.5-15 or 31x10.5-15 though. If you guys can give me some other tires that i could buy I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
<!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://www.intercotire.com" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End --> makes several of their tires in those sizes. SSRs, TSL Radials, the new Truxs MT and others. Just avoid the Thornbirds from what I hear (Yes several people tell me they are good tires, but I hear more bad than good about them). Inteco does not have their Bogger specs up yet, so I am not sure if they are in your size or not.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for that info. i will be checking into that.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just looked at that intercotire website and the SSR series has my size tire. They look like a good tire. Do u know how wel they work for on-road and how much they are? If you can get this info. for me that would help me greatly.thanx

·
Registered
969 Posts
Ask Jason, he has 35x12.5 SSR's

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I know he has them i just wrote it to everyone just incase some one else could write back before he could. So if someone knows the price for 31x10.5 SSR's if you could tell me that would be awsome.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
<!-- BBCode u1 Start -->http://4wheelparts.com" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u1 End --> has prices listed for all of their tires.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx for the website. It has alot of tires on just if i find a different pair.

Kyle

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alrite. I was looking at the Ground Hawgs and all it says are the width and the size rim its on. I was wondering if anyone knows how you can figure out the heigth of a tire if it only says the width and the size rim? Replies would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
The Yokohama M/T's are a good tire, but you have to keep in mind that they are directional, which means that you need to buy 2 right side and 2 left side tires. This sucks because when it comes time to rotate your tires, you can only go from front rear on the same side.

here's a picture:

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah i know and that does suck. But like i said i am looking at the Ground Hawgs now. The Yokohamas are still im my mind. If i dont get Ground Hawgs i will probly get Geolanders or BFG's.

Kyle

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok. How would i find the height of a tire if it only gives me the width and the rim size? Take for exaample 10-15. How could i find the heigth of this? If anyone knows tell me it would help me a lot.

Kyle

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanx i am going to go check that out right now.

Kyle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts