Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy a YJ and want to have 35's on it. Which lift should i buy in order to make this happen?? I plan on putting new gears in there as well. Do i need new driveshafts or anything? Please list what all i will need to fit 35's, thanks

·
Registered
969 Posts
The biggest lift I have seen for YJ's is 6" from skyjacker. I don't know if that will be enough to fit 35's though. if you are going to run 35's then you will have to lift it pretty high which will probably require lenghtening the driveshafts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would probably do a SOA lift (5.5-6" of lift) and maybe a 1" Body lift. Driveshafts will need to be changed and will probably need to shim the T-Case (raise it) and may need a tailshaft conversion with a CV rear driveshaft. You will also need a high steer conversion.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Another thing to consider, go get a set of TJ flares maybe even Xenon wide TJ flares. They offer tons more clearence and look sharp!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Now that I think about it doesnt Skyjacker offer a 8" Rock Ready kit? or is that just for the TJ?
If they offer a 8" kit you could consider that....it wont be cheap though.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I believe the 8" is XJ and TJ only. The biggest for the YJ is the 6" Monolinear kit.

You'll most likely need some serious driveshaft and steering corrections, longer brake lines, and probably a SYE kit for the transfer case with that much lift.

·
Registered
5 Posts
you can run 35's with a 6 in lift. anything over 4ins requires slip yoke and drive shaft lengthening. if u really want to run 35's id get the 6in skyjacker. if u want a really good 4.5 in lift ( u could run 34's if u could find some) id get a rubicon express. then put on the tj flares. that is a great trick, i m lookin for some to do it to mine. it is in the latest issue of JP.

·
Registered
954 Posts
The best riding/flexing YJ's are running stock spring SOA. Throw on some TJ flares, trim accordingly, and throw the 35's on...enjoy.
Cord

·
Registered
13 Posts
I saw one of the new tjs with 35s on it, I talked to the guy and asked him how much lift he had on it and he told me he only had 4in, I dont know if he had a body on it or not, but i really did not look that hard. I dont think so though...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts