Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing through your http://muddyram.pavementsucks.com
web page and I noticed you had come up to Boise, ID for a camping trip. Do you get up here often, that is where I live. I was surprised to see that someone on this site even knew where Boise is other than myself and another guy I know on here rustyambrose. Very nice webpage by the way except for the errors I kept getting saying pages were not available, I assumed you were not done with it yet, but everything else looked great.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
I know where Boise is.. Hell, I even know where Pocatello is (sorry for me huh?)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy crap did you say Pocatello, I am truly amazed, you must be a world traveler if you know where that town is and don't live here. Do you get up here very often.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Been there once for a funderal. Drove up from CA one day, left the next.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
My GF is from Boise. We head up there in the summer for her birthday so she can see old friends.

If you're willing to drive there, go about 20 miles up Arrowrock Road (by the reservoir) and camp in the forestry service campgrounds. But that's 20 miles of unpaved, occaisionally graded, nasty washboard.

We saw 1 other person in the campground the whole time we were there.

And I know where pocatello is, too. A friend in college was from there. AND I've even been to Idaho City. All I can say is that I'm sorry for those folks...

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I'm from Ontario Oregon, just across the border from Bosie. We still have our Cabin and ranch in McCall (the greatest place on earth). I go out there still, we have a shop in Ontario still and a bunch of friends there. Just got back from there as a matter of fact.

Nick.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Woody, I have been to the area you are talking about several times it is on the way to Atlanta and you are right, the washboard road is terrible, I go fishing up at Arrowrock all the time. When you come back up you need to camp at Trinity. It is about 2hrs north of Mountain Home and 9000 feet up with about 6 lakes within a 5 mile hike, awesome.
Badboy4453, you are right about McCall it is awesome my wife and I go up every year for our Anniversary. We will be going up in about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I was born and raised in Boise. I am planning a trip up there in May, during the memorial day weekend (if I get my tranny repaired). Offroading will be a priority, I want some new terrain to try...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How did you go from Boise to Alabama and didn't I read in an earlier post that you lived in California for some time?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I am in the M-I-L-I-T-A-R-Y. We tend to move around a bit...:wink:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering where the Boise offroaders were hiding out on this board, god only knows the town has enough of them. :)
Aaron: Yes, I do have a friend with relatives in McCall, it's a very beautiful area, but farther out than I wanted to drive while we were there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
KamiLeon, you sure got that right about there being enough offroaders here in Boise considering everyhouse in the valley has a truck parked in front of it myself included, I think the number of 4x4's way outnumber the number of cars here in town, which is how it should be. I guess I was wrong about no one knowing where Boise is. Maybe next time you guys are up in this area and I get my lift and tires put on the truck we can go have some fun.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
beast, please tell me you're not gonna drive all the way to idaho on you're boggers. what tires do you use for spares or long highway trips?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts