Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried that OD inverter idea from another thread and now my transmission won't shift. I need help bad.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Have you un-done the mod?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I took everything out and it still won't shift. I think there is some kind of electrical device that switches electrical signals into hydraulic inside the valve body. I probably fried it. It is going in as soon as I can find time to get a trailer to get it the 45 miles to the tranny place.

·
Registered
295 Posts
That really sucks man!!!! I'm sorry to hear that happened. I won't be trying that mod anytime soon. I suggest the same for others.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
maybe we should contact the dodgeram.org site to see what possibly could have happened. or at least to let them know of the problem.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
After you did the wiring job, did it throw any warning lights on the dash??? If so reset the computer now that is is undone and see if that helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It didn't throw any warning lights. After I did the install, I turned the key to make sure it made the od lite come on. It did so I turned the truck off and thought all was good. Later in the day I had to run to town and hopped in the truck and took off down the road only to find it wouldn't shift. It was snowing so I used the wifes car and decided to wait to look at the truck. The next day I checked to make sure I hooked the relay up exactly to the instructions and it was correct so I pulled it all out. I then again took it for a ride and still nothing. I looked every where on the truck for something else that might have been inadvertently unplugged an still nothing. I even checked the fluid, but I am stumped. As soon as I rewire the lights on the trailer I am borrowing(hopefully I don't screw that up too!lol)it is going back to the tranny shop that did my rebuild in November. I will not be telling them about the relay as it is still under waranty.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reverse works and first gear works thats it. I got it to the tranny shop, I should hear something tomorrow. The trailer lights worked by the way, so I can wire stuff. lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts