Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know a lot of us here are from California. Does anyone know the window tinting laws well? I want to tint my driver and passenger side window 5% but I now hear it is no longer a fix it ticket (what kind of ticket is it?).

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
One I'm not willing to take a chance on getting! Sorry, other than that, I'm not much help.

Troy

·
Registered
295 Posts
The laws says any window tinting is illegal on the front windows. So your 5% would be illegal. You could tint your windows but the darker you go the more likely you are to get pulled over. I have pretty dark windows on one of my trucks and I have been pulled over once. But that was when my truck was completly covered in mud, but I cleaned my windows so they stood out to the nice CHP officer. It was just a "fix-it-ticket" at the time, which I got signed off buy a officer friend of mine, so it only cost me $10. As far as I know the law has not changed, you still get a "fix-it-ticket".

·
Registered
502 Posts
Any tint on the front is illegal.

Anything behind the driver can be totally blacked out.

I have my fronts as dark as the back and havent had a problem yet (knock on wood) I had mine done about 9 months ago or more. Most cops don't really care. I pulled into a fast food place and parked right next to 4 motorcycle cops that where standing by their bikes talking. They looked at the truck and didn't even blink.

·
Registered
100 Posts
bill's right its illegal up front but i have it up front i think it is two shades darker than factory but my truck is black so it always seems darker. It all depends on the cops if the wanna be butts about it, usually there pretty cool.

·
Registered
75 Posts
In Mass anything darker then like 32% is illigal and you wont pass inspection! I got sh!t for mine being 25%(didn't know at the time) Man that must suck not being able to have any!!!!

Ray

·
Registered
502 Posts
Around here the cops have enough to do ticketing all the little windup toy imports that are running around.
Unless you are doing something really stupid the cops don't even look at trucks.

I know if I had the same tint on my stang I would already have a ticket.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
i dunno about over there on the left coast but here in good ole virginia u are allowed 35 on the front windows and 5 on the rest

1 - 8 of 8 Posts