Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I added two in. Daystars to my OffRoad. I drove it for two weeks on the stock tire and wheels, and did not have any alignment problems. Saturday, I added ProComp 35X12.5X17 MT's. Now it pulls right. I took it back to 4WheelParts, and they swapped the right front to the left front and vice versa. It still pulls to the right. Any ideas what might be causing this?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had the same problem when I switched to my 35" tires. I had it back in the shop twice to check the alignment out and everything was good. I think it is the extra weight and width of the tires that force the truck to follow the crown in the road which makes the truck pull to the right.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Mine does the same, and the dealer has no answer for it. I agree with 2000 Ram. I have even had both front calipers replaced, and that didn't help. Just be on your toes when you hit the brakes, you can end up on the shoulder of the road.

Nick.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Had the same problem and the alignment shop installed a cam on the upper right ball joint drives straighter than an arrow right now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks big-time for the input guys.

Foolish, I'm not real clever when it comes to some of this stuff. What do you mean you had them install a cam. Or, better yet, what would I need to tell the shop to get them to do the same to mine, and what could I expect it to cost. Thanks!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I agree with 2000 ram wide tires track the road. Try driving on a road heavily use by tractor trailers.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
as far as i know and can see the dodge axles dont have an adjustment or can be adjusted for camber by means of a cam. the alignment would have to disassmble pretty much the whole front axle, press out the upper ball joint and either machine the hole or install a smaller ball joint for means of the eccentric to be installed. if that is the case what did they charge you for all this?

as far as the alingment, the wider tires magnifies/amplifies(the correct word doesnt come to mind)and slop you have in your frontend and also any ruts that are worn into the road by heavy traffic, also like another gentlemen said all road have some sort of crown. i know mine i got nuts on at the alignment shop(the truck wouldnt fit on the rack with the big tires)with my stock tires. the tech just stood there and watched in amazement at how much i play with it till i got it perfect. 0.01 degrees thrust, 0.02 degrees for toe, and 0.05 for caster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts