Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there we where crusiin along in my truck with gopher (brian) behind us and there a small hill in front of us so i charge it and i didnt make it up and on the way down my truck starts to slide so i recover and charge the hill a second time.... and once again no luck so on the way back down i started sliding even more eventuall i was in a bad situation where my suspension in the rear was maxed out and my front was almost maxed out. after some not so good attempts to pull us out from the rear we stopped and called for back up. My cousin came in his Z71 and another friend in a Ranger 4x4. after many attemps and some real close calls we got out (4hours later).
We took some pictures and ill be posting them asap. at one point i had my rear passenger tire off the ground (which was a first) and my passenger front tires about a foot or less off the ground at the same time. :-0 but my dodge survived and we made it out. It had our addreniline pumpin.
I NEED A 4X4

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
sounds pretty bad. im glad i havent been in a situation like that with my truck. ive only had to call the wrecker once to winch it out but at least it wasnt close to flippin over

·
Registered
959 Posts
At the time is was kinda scary. But now that i look back on it is was kinda fun. No one got hurt and we learned many things. one being 4x4 are the way to go! :): A Chevy pulled out the dodge, yeah for chevy :):

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no my truck would have been fine if it was day time and i could have seen how much momentum i really need to get up that hill.
and after the second time i started slippen i should have stopped and got a tug up the hill.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally pics of my little perdicamat in the wilderness park.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and he was my life line keeping me from rolling over.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my cousin in his z71 actually had to run over the tall reeds and make his own path to get me out with out tipping my truck on its side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts