Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So right now I have a 1989 bronco II- 2.9 liter, 4.56 gears, d35 front axle with arb, 7.5 rear axle welded. 6" lift and 34 x 10.5 ltb's. I used to have a samurai but I sold it for 300$, which i regret very very very much. but now I might be able to buy this same samurai back for cheaper. If i can get the samurai back I'm gonna quit turd polishing and part out the bII. I was thinking i should keep the 34's. those tires would be perfect for a samurai with a lot of lift, toyota axles, and gears. but i got to thinking and my little samurai, stock with 235/75 AT's could damn near go every where my bII can go. Why don't I just save myself some time and money, weld the rear axle on the sammi and buy some 29" swampers for it? in stock form they are very capable and have awesome c.o.g., approach, departure, and break over angles. plus it was a blast to drive around town. Does anyone here keep their sami stock by choice, not due to financial situations, mechanic skill etc? i could definately build the samurai up easily but am wondering if it'd be more fun to leave it stockish. One thing about a stock truck is it makes all trails that much more dramatic and more of a challenge.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
SOA and 31's are the way to go for a trail rig. I have yet to break anything, it's stone simple to do and you can go most anywhere, but it's still a challenge.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I keep my sammy because it will go anywhere the other jeeps go but can also go down 4 wheeler paths. Plus it is cheaper then a 4wd atv to but and parts are cheap as dirt. It is all around one of the most inexpenisve vehciles and easiest to work on that you can own. I have $2100 in everything in my zuk and I have passed people in the mud who have $15,000 trucks and jeeps.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well, I might have to get a samurai aswell then, as my truck's my dd which i cant beat on as much... heh

What's the aftermarket Tcase gear ratio people like using with 31's or 33's? 4:1, 6:1?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
You should be able to rock 29s in swampers easy on a stock sammy. My old one hated 31s ltb i would slip the clutch way to much and get it hot. I also was running stock gears tho

1 - 6 of 6 Posts