Off Road Vehicles banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like when drinkin' beer with the guys and the conversation turns to trucks us "Dodge boys" are frowned upon. It feels like we are the redheaded stepchild of the big three. I just find myself having to defend my choice in trucks.
It's just the way I like it. :wink:

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Cause Dodge is WAY BETTER the the others so they have to defend themselves somehow. MOPAR IS FEARED

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
its the same way with the muscle cars. dodge dominates the drag strip while the chevy and ford guys sit there and argue.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'M A CHEVY GUY.....BUT IF A TRUCK LOOKS GOOD IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO MADE IT IN MY BOOK. I DON'T THINK IT VERY COOL TO GIVE ANY GUY OR GAL GRIEF OVER THEIR RIDE.NUFF SAID.I LIKE PAVEMENT SUCKS BECAUSE I HAVEN'T FELT THAT KIND OF CRAP GOING ON LIKE ON OTHER 4X WEB SITES. HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS IN HOLLISTER. JAYCREW4

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
yeah i dont really like the new body style either....but the other guys are just jealous cause their IFS gives them alota probs so they are scared of us with the real front end and exclude us from the convo...its more like they are the little children who know that us dodge guys are their daddy so they stay away in fear of gettin slapped to the ground...lol

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I hear ya fellas, you're singin to the choir. I bought my first Dodge about 15 years ago, I've owned nothing but Dodges since...and I've heard the same ole argument. They can talk as much smack as they want but the facts remain. The main reason people like Chevy is because you can buy parts for your truck at the local Jiffy Mini Mart for about a third the price of the Dodge equivilant. I've helped buddys build Chevys and I'll admit the parts are alot more affordable...but that's about it. I was raised a Dodge man, cars and trucks alike. Speaking of cars, HaWiiLuVeR mentioned the muscle cars. Yep, same thing. What engine do you see dominating almost every racing event? HEMI? Who made that? Oh yea, MOPAR! Like I said, the facts remain...let the kids argue about who's is better.

I hear what y'all are saying about the new body style too. But I have to say that when they made the last big change it took a while to grow on people. I personally loved it from the start. All I'm saying is that in a few years I figure I'll come around to the new style.

·
Registered
143 Posts
All of friends and myself own Dodges with exception of one and he's the only one always comparing that his is better, rides better, cheaper to work on. But he usually shuts up after a day of muddin'.

I also like the new style but the IFS has got to go.

·
Registered
12 Posts
my friend is a die hard chevy guy and when i started having probs with the dodge of course he said should of gotten a chevy.well while researching the knocking sound i found a lot of chevys are experiencing the same thing,couple of locals have this prob with their chevy and are told thats how chevys are. i will always be loyal to dodge,just wish they didnt change the front end so much.

·
Registered
100 Posts
well i guess i antagonize the chevy guys down here with my "REAL TRUCKS DON'T WEAR BOWTIES" licence plate frame..im always getting the engine revs as they drive past me or the evil looks of jealousy LOL.no offence to chevy's there a good truck just not great like dodge..

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Some guy had a chevy had a calvin pissin on dodge the other night so one thing led to another we ligned up at the light and i blew him away. i steadily pulled away from his truck. and my truck performance wise is pretty much stock. Then last night some bastard in a lowered 2wd dark green chevy pulled up and blew me away. (98sub454) bastard.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hey Chris, just wondering. . . how much performance does that trick chrome air lid add? Just curious I was thinking about buying one for my truck. Who knows. Oh by the way I have a 77 Malibu Classic with a 383 that runs 11s on street tires.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hey Gone2, just step aside and let them argue then you can ask who they figured was SECOND and THIRD best of the big three cuz they know Dodge is always no. 1.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
11's on street tires with a 383, got any proof. video or time slips.

·
Registered
255 Posts
What? You don't believe me? Ohhhh, I guess I did forget to mention it was juiced didn't I. Ok, off the bottle it's 13s. :D: but yes I do have proof but my puter sucks I'll have to go to the college to scan in a slip if you want. :-S

·
Registered
255 Posts
Anonymous, my point was not to "bag" on Chris or Brag about my Malibu. I simply noticed that Chris took the time to mention that he has a chrome air lid. That's all. Dodge's are great. I have never once downtalked any type of Dodge. I have never downtalked any body's car. So I don't know where you get off talking about how Dodge's are "Bad A$$" either. It's obvious somebody has to talk about how bad they are to feel better about themselves and their TRUCK. I feel like I'm in High School All over again. Anyways, Chris if I hurt your feelings in anyway shape or form with my chrome comment: I'm sorry. As for everyone else. If I hurt your feelings, GROW UP AND LEARN HOW TO TAKE A JOKE!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Ive never really felt like an outcast when talkin about trucks with guys, a good majority of the guys around here always say something like "when I get a new truck its gonna be a ram" I love hearing that, the Chevy and Ford guys like their trucks but I think secretly a good portion of them like the rams too.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
No its not that i didnt believe you i just wanna see it. :):

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
No its not that i didnt believe you i just wanna see it. :):

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.