Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a quote for the 37/12.50/15 GoodYear MT/R's!!! Are you ready for this??? Take a deep breath....

$435.99 each!!! :eek:: OUCH!!! :dunno:

That is OUTRAGEOUS!!! :roll:

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
i didnt know they made that size. try tsl radials SSR. they have that size but are much cheaper.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Its because those are the prefered tire and size for the huge ARCA rockcrawling competitors and they know they'll pay that price!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I think tirerack.com has much better prices for both 37 MT/Rs and MT/KMs. How many miles do you guys have on your MT/Rs and SSRs?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought 4 35's and paid $190 each. They said the 37's wouldn't be out till middle of next year, I guess they lied!
I love the MTR's though! A great tire!

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
I've got 10-12k on my SSRs and I am almot through the first step in the cneter lugs (if you see them, you'll know what I am talking aobut) but I was running to much air and now the wear has slowed a bunch. I expect 25k usable miles out of them

·
Registered
807 Posts
another reason they cost so much is because those are the tires that come on hummers, and anyone who would pay over 100 g's for a 4X4 probably wouldnt mind paying big dollars for tires either.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Those aren't the hummer tires, those are AM General Hummer M/Ts, and are 37-12.50R16.5

The 37" MTRs are probably very low production at the moment, and as JasonB mentioned, greatly desired by the rock crawlers for competition.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Tire Rack sells the 35/12.50/15 MT/R's for $165 each! I printed out their ad and had 4WheelParts price match it!!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
On 2002-01-09 15:18, woody wrote:
Those aren't the hummer tires, those are AM General Hummer M/Ts, and are 37-12.50R16.5

The 37" MTRs are probably very low production at the moment, and as JasonB mentioned, greatly desired by the rock crawlers for competition.
i am just trying to figure out to to submit a port sorry if i sound dumb

·
Registered
502 Posts
When I looked at the 37's I was told that they are Hummer tires which is why they will cost you an arm and a left and your left nut.
I think that was on a 17" rim though.

I would get a set 36x12.5 TLS's

I saw a newer 1500 at Stevens Creek Dodge yesterday while dropping off my truck that had them with a 5.5 inch lift. I love the way it looked.. It was almost too tall. I think I would need a ladder to get in.

They are great tires though.

Jet Stage II chip
Custom FlowMaster Exhaust
Mopar Performance Roller Rockers
TransGo Shift kit w/ Amsoil Synthetic ATF
Monster Stereo System

1 - 11 of 11 Posts