sway bar seems pointless because im not hotrodding around,
will the ride suffer if i take it off
it will give it much more offroad manners with it off right

anyone take theres off, did you benifit

drew

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I broke the link on mine right after putting the lift on and didnt even notice it. Instead of fixing it I just took it off and have never felt the need to have it back on. The truck has a little more body roll around turns but otherwise dont really notice any thing.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I pulled mine off the Dodge when I drove it, the Cherokee, and I will probly remove it from the YJ.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
i took it off mine, for the same reason. when i lifted to 8", it bent the end links all to hell. the links were also hitting on the stabilizer bracket because they were bent to the drivers side due to not having a long enough trac bar. i don't really notice it gone.

·
Registered
413 Posts
hell i put mine back on on my 78 chevy.........damn thing felt to tipisy with 11 inch lift, so with it back on it gave me a set of like traction bars in the front.......so i like it......go off-road pop two bolts out the axle plates and im flexy again, but chevy bar is diffrent then a dodge..i don't have those end links bar boolts right to the spring plates......i just had to buy the drop brackets...but it was nighta nd day...they firmed up my steering, they got rid of brake pull and got rid of my tipsy feel......so i say sway bar good on road, bad off-road..... :rotfl:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I left mine on for the first 6 months my truck was lifted. It has been off for about that long now. I don't miss it at all.

·
Registered
683 Posts
just did my lift and said screw it. didnt feel like putting it on. its just a little more rolly in the turns but since you are in a pretty big truck i dont see why we gotta take corners fast? so its really not a big deal.

i wouldnt bother with it

·
Registered
399 Posts
Mines been off for alittle over a year now.......and I don't plan on putting it back on. The body rolls alittle more, but its nothing terrible.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
On 2005-11-30 13:32, liftedram wrote:
got 98 ram sitting on 7inches of lift
sway bar seems pointless because im not hotrodding around,
will the ride suffer if i take it off
it will give it much more offroad manners with it off right

anyone take theres off, did you benifit

drew

what brand of springs do you have? i've got the rough country springs and my truck doesn't really roll that much even in the corners. i haven't had a sway since i lifted my truck.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
i still run my sway bar, i like it can take turns at like 60 mph and the truck doesnt lean

·
Registered
995 Posts
Mines off and I think it's fine... IMO it makes a HUGE difference on and off road and, while I'd rather run it on the road, it's easier to deal without.

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Sway bar, whats that

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
:withstupid: mine hit the dumpster yrs ago never looked back,,

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
im running my front with energy suspension end links. i took the rear off. without the front the truck was too tipsy around turns. didnt really notice a difference in flex off road. wait maybe because its ifs.. :wall:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I left mine on because I like to race Honda Civics on the backroads, and yes, I win most of the time!

Anyone have problems with quick disconnects? I was thinking of rigging some up but two of my friends with Jeep TJ's say they wear out quick? If I could get that to work it would be nice.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts