Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering how many people in here have a 02 dodge ram 4x4 single cab or quad cab or does anybody know of any pics of a dodge 4x4 modified or stock other then the dodge site.

thanks,
Jon

"Lowriders Are For Guys Who Cant Get It Up!"

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
These pics are from a previous post:

From "Pete and his Ram" and the off-road.com SEMA pictures:

Lift by Full Throttle Suspension!

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
969 Posts
I dont think anybody on the forum has one, nobody really likes that IFS.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont really see why people dont like ifs i dont have anything against it cause i am not paying 30+ thousand dollars to go tear it up in mud and on trails the people that do that to a 30,000 dollar truck (not bashing just givin my .02cents) have more money then they do brains i have a 78 cj7 thats sittin under my garage next to my 99'yamaha grizzly 600 that i use to play in but thats just my thoughts.

Jon

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
There are a few reasons people like a live axle compared to an IFS set-up. With a live axle, there are more options for acheiving greater articulation (flex) out of your suspension set-up. Greater articulation capabilities will enable you to go places you never thought possible. I don't think I've ever seen a rock-crawling rig with an IFS??? IFS is good for comfort reasons, so for people who do majority of their driving on pavement will benefit from an IFS. If you are more into 4-wheeling, the live axle would be the way to go. It's all just a matter of preference... :bigthumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heres a few pics of my 2 mud/trail toys the first one is my 78 cj7 its stock all but some 30x9.5x15 tires and the second is of my 99'yamaha grizzly 600 w/26'highlifter outlaws mounted on ITP chrome rims

what yall think about my "toys"?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I like your Yamaha, The CJ needs some work. Would make a great project though. I thought the 77-87 CJ's came stock with 33" tires?

·
Registered
118 Posts
On 2002-01-06 21:48, TotalPerformance wrote:
i dont really see why people dont like ifs i dont have anything against it cause i am not paying 30+ thousand dollars to go tear it up in mud and on trails the people that do that to a 30,000 dollar truck (not bashing just givin my .02cents) have more money then they do brains i have a 78 cj7 thats sittin under my garage next to my 99'yamaha grizzly 600 that i use to play in but thats just my thoughts.

Jon

I prefer taking a nice, newer model vehicle and using it for offroad. If I am going to go out and spend the money on a lift kit, big tires, gears and other stuff for offroading I want to do it to my daily driver not some old junk rusted out thing that I only use on the weekends. If you know what you are doing you can easily have a ton of fun offroading without messing up your truck one bit. and on the ifs note, even if you dont offroad your truck, but just want to put big tires on for the look (snicker) The ifs is weak and youll start breaking and wearing out parts much faster than normal just from the bigger than stock tires.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Short phrase "IFS Sucks", Why do Chrysler install on the new 2500 and 3500 models axles?, because they are weak?. no no no, because they are firm and canfident.
By the way, I really like toys, I own a Honda CR500, an Honda XR600, and a Honda XL185 for my wife, also I have a Kawasaki 750 SX jetski with all the Ocean Pro Upgrades for the engine. Toys are Fun but the feeling for the truck is a very different thing.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
I forgot, The lift kit that is installed on the red Ram, I thought that was from Whiplash. Not from FullThrotle.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
I don´t know really, but I´ve heard very bad thing about Whiplash. Things like that the lift that they make are crap and stuff like that. I´ve never seen one, so I don´t know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts