Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 SWB 5.9L Sport and I have a whistle in the A/C somewhere. I have pinned it to the A/C system because I only hear it when the A/C is engaged (doesn't have to be running, just has to be selected). It is mostly on the passenger side and gets louder with acceleration. Doesn't change pitch, just gets louder. You guys got any suggestions on what this may be and how to resolve??
Thanx

·
Registered
88 Posts
my 98 ram 5.9l has been whistle for a while now when under a load. I've brought it to two different mechanics and they haven't figured it out.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
mine whistles when the a/c is off, but it goes away once it is turned on. i'm thinking mine is because the air is not being completely blocked off but i'm not sure. i usually just turn it on and forget about it

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
the switch that controls the AC uses vaccuum to open and close vents. you may have a hole in a hose or a loose connection somewhere.

·
Registered
362 Posts
That whistle soud is just the AC elf whistling while he works, no really check you fan motor maybe something got sucked in and is rubing the fan. Mine had leaves and pine needles in it and that cause it to make a whineing noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts