Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting a 5" skyjacker suspension lift + a 3" body lift. But I saw that Whiplash has a 10" suspension lift for Dodge trucks. I was just wondering about the quality of this lift. It would be cool to have the extra 2" provided by the Whiplash but I know nothing about it. Anyone have any experience with this lift or know anyone who runs one? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
IIRC, they do something like massive blocks in the back, and just an add-a-leaf.

It's NOT a quality setup.

Maybe ok for a trailered truck that has chrome-plated shocks that never gets driven, except on/off the trailer.

For dialy use (on/off road), I'd go with skyjacker for the suspension lift. Quality components, and many people have done the field trials to prove that it's solid equipment.

Whiplash may also be in legal troubles, but I don't have that link handy...

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Some one wrote about whip lash suspension earlier. I went onto a forum, i dont remember where, but i read it and they said that it sucks. They dont give you as good of parts as skyjacker does. They only give you what woody told ya. So yeah i would go for skyjacker way before whip lash, plus its only an extra 2 inches. Wouldnt you rather have a better lift that will raise you 8 inches rather then get a crappy lift that will only raise you 2 extra inches? My opinion is go with the skyjacker.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
check previous posts on the Whiplash Suspension System someplace in here! there's alot of information and also some legal action taken on the company...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah, i also have heard nothing but very bad things from them, not only concearning the poor quality of thier kits and poor lift methods but also legal issues with the company. But, like i said its all just stuff ive heard, no experience with them.

·
Registered
234 Posts
By the way, I have heard(once again, only heard, no personal experience) that skyjacker, like you had originally planned on getting, is a great kit. And if you want to get the 2 extra inches, just wait till 2003, skyjacker will be releasing thier new 7" suspension kit, which combined with he 3" body lift would be the 10" you want. And about the whiplash kit, i think they use huge blocks in the rear like someone already said, plus in the front they only have a 5" spring plus they have a 5" coil spacer to achieve the 10". I would much rather have the 7" springs you would get with the skyjacker kit. When i lift my truck, i will be getting a skyjacker i think.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
ya i heard lawsuits are being filed against em and all kinds of crap. ya it would be great to get that kind of lift but the whole kit is real shabby. i mean you get another 5" of lift for like $200-$300 more than the skyjacker. im a chevy guy and all but ive heard stuff about a 7" skyjakcer lift. put another 3" body and theres your 10" of lift

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like skyjacker holds a special place in your hearts. I will start pricing them out today so I know how much more overtime I have to work to get the lift I want and the 39.5" tires I have picked out. Might be a few months yet, but it will be worth it, I'm sure.

·
Registered
969 Posts
If you were thinking about MAKING your own lift or getting a whiplash lift I would still reccomend you to STAY AWAY FORM WHIPLASH!! There lift looks like it was thrown together in a backyard somewhere. Most companies have engineers designing kits for the trucks. I don't know what whiplash did.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
5" coils and 5" spacers is how they achieve 10"...think about it...can you say DANGEROUS!

·
Registered
52 Posts
hey guys,
i just called a fella at whiplash and he said that all you get with the 10 inch kit is the front hardware/bracketry, the 5 inch coils, the 5 inch spacers, upper and lower links, and a front drive shaft. pretty much just the front stuff. that is what the 1800 bucks buys.
now if you don't mind spending $2922.00 you'll get the ten inch leaf packs and an adjustable tracbar as well as all the front stuff.
http://www.whiplashsuspensions.com
what is this i'm hearing about a law suit does anyone know whats going on? cause i was thinking about a kit from them. i guess that i better do a little more research.
Hag

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Buy the skyjacker 4.5 inch lift, have some custom 8" coils made for the fronts, that is what biginuf has, I don't know what he did to the back, but his truck has 39.5 super swampers on it! and it looks awesome also.

Nick.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts