Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of posts here that mention Whiplash suspensions lifts. I've seen some info lately that have been alarming to say the least. I found this link on the Offroadexchange forum:

<!-- BBCode u1 Start -->http://www.rockcrawler.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=21&t=000013" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u1 End -->

·
Registered
502 Posts
very interesting reading. I know I looked at their kits before but I wasnt impressed at all to start with.

I talked to someone last week that was going to go down there over the weekend to have something done to their truck I wonder if they did or not.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I haven't heard anything good about Whiplash Suspension! The dodge 10" kit uses 5" coils with 5" spacers, while the rear uses 5" leafs with 5" blocks!!! How reliable and safe is that??? This kit is built for looks, not performance!!!

ATTENTION!!! Please read the information in the above link. It talks about the company and legal action taken against them...
'98 Dodge Ram 1500 QC SLT 4X4 5.2, 5" SkyJacker Stage II Kit, 35/12.50/15 GoodYear MT/R's on 15X8 Weld Sidewinders, Flowmaster Cat-Back Exhaust System, Volant Cool Air Intake System w/ Ram Air Scoop, Custom Audio System.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Im not trying to defend whiplash, but my 2500 has blocks in the back about 4-5" tall, and thats from the factory. it cant be all that bad if dodge is using them, right?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yeah but if you put a 10" lift on the truck that already had the factory 5" block, I bet that whiplash would tell you to stack the blocks. 10" of block, ive seen a chevy like that before, really sweet. not!!!

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
I didn't realize that Whiplash and Full Throttle were sister companies. Are they? Full Throttle is starting to make a big presence in the Bay Area. I have already seen a couple chevy's with them including a 12" lift.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
On 2002-01-24 09:10, Foolish wrote:
I didn't realize that Whiplash and Full Throttle were sister companies. Are they? Full Throttle is starting to make a big presence in the Bay Area. I have already seen a couple chevy's with them including a 12" lift.

Is this relationship verified? Becuase if you look up the domain registry for Full Throttle, it is registered to Hill 4Wheel Drive, not Whiplash. So is Hill 4Wheel Drive a bum shop then, or is Full Throttle not connected to Whiplash?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I dont believe Full Throttle has any association with Whiplash, Whiplash had those charges files on them early last summer, I believe. Its been a while, they were supposed to be shutdown, then a friend of mine ordered some ladder bars, he said the welds were piss poor, and the bars were not even so he sent them back. He had to get his credit card company involved to get his money back.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
has anyone actually looked at full throttles website?
how many think a 4.5" body lift is say, raise your hand. wow not one hand up.
or how about a 12" suspension lift for a IFS truck. can you say trailer queen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live here in Fresno where both Whiplash and Full Throttle are located. They are not sister companies. I have had personal experiences with both companies. I am not going to bad mouth either company, I know people that work at both places, but if I was going to use one of them I would use Full Throttle. If I was going to use one or the other, not that I would. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Foolish,

Does Fritz have any pictures of his truck with the new lift?

I talked to him about it right before he went but had not heard anything since.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You probably havent heard from frizt because he has been so busy trying to make his truck drivable after the whiplash crap he put on it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts