Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin for a muffler and i have narrowed it down to 3 they are all 3" single in/out. the summit turbo because of cost(due to x-mas) the hooker aero chamber, and dynomax super turbo. im leaning towards the summit because its only 20 dollars. opinions please. tom

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
On 2005-12-08 20:54, chllngr73 wrote:
im lookin for a muffler and i have narrowed it down to 3 they are all 3" single in/out. the summit turbo because of cost(due to x-mas) the hooker aero chamber, and dynomax super turbo. im leaning towards the summit because its only 20 dollars. opinions please. tom

$20 for a muffler......you get what you pay for.

I know several people who have had the Summit mufflers and they rotted out after only one year.

Check Summit's clearance section, sometimes they have Flowmasters for $45, or even check Ebay.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
:withstupid: I would go with a flowmaster, not just the sound but the construction.
The flowmaster (40 I think) I have is really well built, really thick housing and mounting tubes. I have had it since 2000, and it has been to germany, texas, and now Kansas. still working fine. Best $65 I have spent.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Flowmaster all the way man. Spend the extra money to get one you'll never have to replace again. And you cant beat the sound either :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I also say Flowmasters. I don't know too much about the ones you listed but I do know I like Flowmasters a lot.

·
Registered
266 Posts
On 2005-12-09 06:16, chizzle1 wrote:
:withstupid: I would go with a flowmaster, not just the sound but the construction.
The flowmaster (40 I think) I have is really well built, really thick housing and mounting tubes. I have had it since 2000, and it has been to germany, texas, and now Kansas. still working fine. Best $65 I have spent.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
flowmaster all they way. top quality products. or just take out the muffler completly. i know alot of people that have done that and sounds great.

[img=49x23]http://5716.8k.com/ps/crow.gif[/img]

·
Registered
27 Posts
flowmaster, just make sure you or whoever installs it used quality pipe. i had one put on 2 yrs ago and it fell of. now the truck is really really loud :naughty:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
right now im running a dynomax bullett race muffler and its to droney on the highway. i want something with a little less interior noise. also i dont want my truck to sound like a mustang if i get a flowblaster. tom

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
flowmaster all the way or at least get a magnaflow if you dont want to much sound. :roll:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Ok I live in Florida so I have no salt on the roads and I had a flowmaster system rot out. Also I had the Summit muffler but it was was too quiet. I had to get another flowmaster no matter how long they last. So I got another 40 series. Perfect amount of noise between the two. If your older and want a queiter muffler but a little louder than stock go with the summit. But if you want some noise, do it right, go with the flowmaster.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im 24 and i like loud things. but the race bullet i have now is just like a glasspack design and it really is too loud at highway speeds. also according to a sticky thread about dynamics of an exhaust it say the dynomax super turbo and the hooker aero chamber are the most efficent at producing power.tom

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Ive run everything from dunomax's those summit mufflers, flowmasters, glass packs. etc. And the only muffler I will pay full pop for these ays is a spintech. It produces more power than any other muffler I have used, it is quieter on the highway than half the mufflers I have used, it sounds bitchen, and to top it off, you could park your truck on top of it (literally) and not to damage to it, as it is braced 3/16" thick.

I wouldnt bother with any kind of $20 muffler. Just cut it all off, put a $5 turn down on until you buy a muffler thats worth a damn.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Ive run everything from dunomax's those summit mufflers, flowmasters, glass packs. etc. And the only muffler I will pay full pop for these ays is a spintech. It produces more power than any other muffler I have used, it is quieter on the highway than half the mufflers I have used, it sounds bitchen, and to top it off, you could park your truck on top of it (literally) and not to damage to it, as it is braced 3/16" thick.

I wouldnt bother with any kind of $20 muffler. Just cut it all off, put a $5 turn down on until you buy a muffler thats worth a damn.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
is there a website to bye a spintech muffler and which should i buy if there are different versions available. tom

1 - 17 of 17 Posts