Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the street, which would last longer? a super swamper SSR or the TSL. i am talking the radials here. i know that super swampers dont last long on the street, but how many miles would i get out of these. what gives more traction in the mud? i dont offroad every weekend, but i go when i can. i have the pro comp mud terrians right now, and they wear great, but i am wanting something more agressive.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
I have 15,000 on my SSRs and they are 50% gone already, maybe a bit more. They are great on the road though.The siping is nice to have.

My tires are for 15" wheels, 6ply rated. I hear that you can get better life out of the 16" versions since they are 8-10ply.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i drive 3 miles to work, so i rarely drive places far. the reason i ask is i got off work last night and saw an older blazer with a 6" lift and it had some 36" tsl's. i asked him about them and he said they wore very quickly on the street. but his were the bial ply.

·
Registered
362 Posts
You hear some folks say they get 35000 and som say they only get about 15000 out of a set. It depends alot on the weight of the truck, alignment, air pressure, driving style, and type of pavement you ride on(highway,street,gravel etc...), rotation etc... If you want tire life than get some procomps or bfg's if you want pure mudd slinging, gravel flying capabilities than run the swamper ssr's or the regular tsl's.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I agree that tire life can be prolonged if you take care of them and consistently check pressures. However the TSL's are a mud tire plain and simple. I think Interco is making good strides in combining great off road tires that can still wear ok on the street (SSR and TSL radial). You heard what jason had to say about his SSR's, and I run TSL radials and they have the orginal TSL design with NO siping and I still expect to get 20-25k out of them. Granted the BFG will last longer but its still expensive and when it comes down to off road nothing can touch a swamper.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
next month i hope to buy the TSL's. I am going to mount them on some 16" centerline hellcats. right now im short on cash, so i need a month or so to save up. im gonna use my old wheels and tires for spares, and if i go on a long drive.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The ssr's will last longer than the TSL's but if you are careful with the tsl's and watch the pressure and make regular rotations with an alligned front end then you can pull 25 or 30K from them. Mine 39.5's will end up lasting around 30K.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts