Off Road Vehicles banner

161 - 180 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
my life is just so busy.. with 2 kids in many sports plus i coach. house renovations, etc.. truck has not been driven for 8 years as i cant get past emissions but i just found out next month my truck is exempt...

so few years ago i sold my holley truck avenger (which they had problems but my truck ran like a raped ape) for a remanufactured qjet. Still failed emissions and just gave up.

well now that I will be exempt this morning i went and ordered a new holley truck avenger. Even went with the aluminum one... 0-93670 so I am stoked at getting this truck running again and getting something done...
It is past a certain age requirement they make it exempt now? I am so glad we don't have that mess around here.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Nice to see some old timers. I try to check in from time to time. My 98 chev is still in pieces with a dana 60 hanging under the front now. Still lots to go before it drives anywhere.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Hey Root, glad to see you're still around here. Was wondering how your truck and you were doing.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I don't know what you'd consider old timer but I am back! Still remembered my old user name and password. I use to wheel a 2000 1500 single cab, now after YEARS of other hobbies I'm hoping to get back into wheeling with a 99 Cummins.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
WAZZUP!!! Yeah, I'm still around, bigger than life and twice as ugly. Rockin' a 2013 half ton now with 10" lift and 37's, 4.56's, etc., etc., along with a Sublime '15 Challenger Scat Pack for the on-road adventures. Hope all the old crew is doing well.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Nice, back on the road! I do miss the hum of a bad ass tire though. Probably not a daily driver again, but I do miss it!

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Nice, back on the road! I do miss the hum of a bad ass tire though. Probably not a daily driver again, but I do miss it!
drove it 65 miles to work... all highway.. 60-70mph.. and yeah.. hum is that what we call it??? i couldnt hear..

then almost made it all the way home. I clogged the fuel filter with old fuel.. fuel (bashing starts now) was old 6yr old fuel with motor oil mixed in. how else do you get rid of it? 3000 rpms up a highway.. IT WILL BURN...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Todays gas is probably less potent.

Reactions: TUNIS

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Hi all, been a while, just seeing what's going on in here.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yup I guess I'm stopping by for my yearly checkup/in. Still driving my truck daily after 16 years. Pavement sucks, but it's a bit easier on my old joints. My honeys R/T with R&T hogging the shot.
100_0326.JPG

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Yup I guess I'm stopping by for my yearly checkup/in. Still driving my truck daily after 16 years. Pavement sucks, but it's a bit easier on my old joints. My honeys R/T with R&T hogging the shot. View attachment 21789

yup me as well.. yearly checkup.. my truck just recently is being driven more as this exemption has made it so... however, I have found my limitation on my truck and that is fine. The issue I have is that I was not ready for it. I didn't expect to go out and MUD....

so I found out later that a truck on 54" boggers buried itself about 5 feet farther, which makes sense as my drivers tire is submerged and my trans/xfer case plate actually got dug into the peanut butter/pottery clay style mud as the entire drivers side went under. I stood there at my belly button depth (I'm 5'10) and took one step back and I couldn't find the bottom.

with that, I was not prepared for the 5h, 3 trucks and my truck broken part. I am mad, annoyed and ashamed. 2 ford diesels and 1 ford big block pulled me out (like said after 5h!!!)

I had a strap but did not have my hilift jack and other things with me. I am now on a mission to mount my hi-lift in my truck, mount my spare tire, carry some 2x12x3 or 4' long with bolts in them.. more on that when I do it in a few weeks (finishing up a summer algebra class @ 44 years old LOL)

but enjoy this...

this is why the truck broke

my buddy and his big block ford on 39.5 irocs
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1112131/fullsize/191a1186.mp4

if you want to see high res pics.. my dslr took some nice pics !!! LOL.. go and click the pic and it is a nice large pic..

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
LOL!!!

Glad to see this thread is still alive...

Reactions: RootBreaker

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Reactions: TUNIS

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
maybe we should try and plan a get-together???

btw, sold the ram. was bummed, wish I could have kept it, but couldn't pass up a steal of a deal. never thought I'd go blue oval, but I did it. picked up a f250 super duty from a current 49er player for dirt cheap!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Gas or diesel? I'm never going back to gas for trucks!
Started a new job, yesterday, after 17 years (Sad face) but will be getting lots of overtime again, where old job wasn't happening. Will be night shift also again.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Checked in again, password was still saved. Wife and I moved to Jersey shore and love the beach lifestyle. We're talking about moving out of state eventually, who knows. For now it's just the two of us and our 8 year old Weim/Choc Lab, Ace. Sold my 4 wheeler at the beginning of the summer and bought a wave runner.

Glad to see some of the old timers still posting here.

161 - 180 of 215 Posts