Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanting to see what everyone's mpgs are especially lifted trucks with oversized tires and larger gears. I am hopefully going to 38" tires soon but don't want to regear and afraid of like 6 mpg (38" tires weigh 100 lbs!!!!)

My truck with 2.5" lift and 35" BFG AT = 11 mpg

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
with 35x14.5 super swampers, 4:10's, and a 318 auto...about 7-8 around town if i baby it on the highway at no more than 60-65 13 if im lucky.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
with 36x14.5 super swampers, 4:10's, and a 318 auto...about 7-8 around town if i baby it on the highway at no more than 60-65 13 if im lucky.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Usually around 9mpg but if i milk it and take it easy i can score 13mpg. 360 4.10's 39.5's jet chip, KN, t-body spacer.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I get about the same a s Culley, maybe a little better. I have diesel though, so it gets the same empty as it does pulling a load.

Nick.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
WTF... guys I only get 11 max on the freeway, and driving around town maybe 8. Right now my average is 9.3mpg. I have a 360 with K&N drop in, 285/75R16 tires. just had the in-take manifold gasket replaced and my mpg jumped from 8.2 to 9.3. but why is it sooooo bad... could my brush gaurd and visor suck up that much of milage?

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
i think so... mine was flashed on an "emissions recall 8591" what ever the hell that was... and damn... the dealer is going to try and refinace my truck at a lower rate and and eat the difference of what is worth and what I owe... WOOHOO!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Okay, we discuss this all the time. And again, I'm telling you those little things that we add for mileage eventually add up. some put the K&N Gen IIs are nice, but they only work if you have a high flow exhaust. You can't suck in more than you push out. So the exhaust is a must. Also, I put one of those little Platinum additive thingys on my truck. Now people said it was BS and wouldn't work, but I get 10mpg right now, in winter (-30 degrees), and I let my truck idle everyone, and let it warm up. Plus the 35s and the lift.
One little modification won't see much difference, it is the lots of little things. and is it worth it in the long run: I have no clue, but I hope so.

·
Registered
923 Posts
About ten on the highway and about 8 in town. 38's and 4.56s with a 360 A/T. I think its the weight of the tire as much as the diameter. Those 38's are a lot of rubber to try to turn 75 or 80 mph! Push your truck up the driveway sometime and then imagine trying to do that up to highway speeds. You'd be thirsty too!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts