Discussion Starter #1
Something funny happen ?

Work hard to get to the top ?

Have to pull someone else out ?

lets hear it

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Ok i have one. One day my grandma came and picked me up from school to bring me home bcuz i had a headache. Just down the road from my house i noticed a Ford F-150 in the ditch. We just drove right by. Then about an hour later i went outside to see if the truck was still in the ditch. It was and a couple of old guys in there sixties trying to dig it out. So I called my mom and asked her if I could take my Dakota and pull them out. I had to ask her becuz i didnt have my license yet but my truck was ready. She said i could but thats as far as i could go. So i drove to the truck and the two guys and asked if they needed a tug. I got out my tow straped i hooked one end up to my tow hook and they hooked the other end up to the bumper of the F-150. I had my truck in 4-low and never spun a tire as i pulled the truck out.

·
Registered
267 Posts
not my truck, but...
couple of years back in may when the big tornado waxed okc it also came up into southern ks and got into wichita. my best friends house got nailed. huge oak in his front yard was laying halfway across the street. decided to yank it out with my 96 dually. cutaway some roots, hacked off the big limbs and left the main section about 15 feet long and we measured 3 1/4 feet across. got all chained up and had at it. my big bad vortec 7.4 just cooked the crap outta the four back tires, but the tree didn't budge. one of the clean up volunteers came to joke with us about it and said he could move it. imagine 20 guys roaring with laughter in unison. anyway, he pulls his suburban around and get lined up with the chains. this guy had 35" meats and an easy 8" of lift on this beast. probably a 95 or a 96. we were all drooling over this thing. he set it up with two runs of 5/8 chain. we got back far enough to be safe, but close enough to harass him if he screwed up. he got into it slow and steady, and that truck was sounding hellified when he ripped that thing out, breaking about a third of the roots that we couldn't cut, and taking tom's fence and a half city block worth of electric and cable lines with it. the monster had a procharged 7.4 with all 1 ton running gear, 4.10 lockers front and back, everything a guy needs. right before it broke the roots of the tree the truck got real squatty in the back and looked like it was gettin ready to blast off into space or take off down the 1/4 mile.
times like that i wish i owned a camcorder.

·
Registered
807 Posts
after the rams won the superbowl a couple years ago a few of my friends and i decided to go play in the snow with our trucks. we were out in this grass field by an industrial park. i had never been back there, it was dark, and i didnt know the terrain. there was about a foot of snow on the ground and i was flying over this hill doing about 35 mph. i caught some air on top the hill, snow flying everywhere when i came to the bottom, started to turn my wheel to the left to come around again and bam, truck stops like i hit a brick wall.i thought i just hit some huge hole because my front end was sunk in. i put it in reverse and water was coming onto to hood. i quickly found out it was a frozen pond covered in snow. my right front tire and headlight were totally submerged and my transfer case skidplate was hung up on thise rocks that you often see surrounding retention ponds. my truck was hopping just almost coming off but not quite so my friend gave me a yank with his explorer to pop me off those rocks. the only damage i had was a stripped power steering gear and i needed an alignment. not to mention my truck smelled like fish for a couple days

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Okay, this one happened about a week before Christmas. A couple of my friends invited me to go a cut down a few Christmas trees for their families (an excuse to play in the snow). The lineup was a stock '86 Cherokee, (the know it all), a '94 Toy w/4" lift and 33" Thornbirds, a '76 Chevy shortbox w/13" lift and 40" boggers...and me and mine. We followed the Jeep down a trail near Old Station when the Chevy veered off the road. The snow wasn't packed and there was about 5 1/2 feet of powder...he went so far down that he was spitting out gravel from both passenger side tires, trying to get himself out. It didn't work, we hooked a tow strap and a chain to the back of his Chevy and the front of my Dodge. It didn't take much to pull him out, I didn't slide at all. What a confidence boost to pull out a stuck truck bigger that your own. Anyway, the Jeep in the lead down the little one lane trail, came across a stuck Explorer. It looked like a 2000 or so and it had about 2 1/2 feet of snow on the roof. He tried to drive around it, but went off the road to far. We had the Toyota pull him out. When he did though, he slid into the rut on the side of the road. With the Chevy next in line, after much digging in the snow (and dragging the Toy about fifty yards) he pulled the Toy out. We then decided the best thing to do was to back out the way we came (3 1/2 miles). Well my back spasmed and I jerked the wheel about 2 miles down the trail. Hey at least I wasn't the first one to get stuck! I also brought my Hi-lift, we ended up just jacking the back of my truck up and throwing it back on the road. It worked pretty well to. The Jeep ended up getting stuck again, he slid sideways off the road (street tires suck in snow). So the tally goes up: Stucks- Jeep: 2 Toy: 1 Chevy: 1 and Dodge: 1. What a fun and interesting experience. We did find a nice spot after a while though. Found the trees that they wanted and enjoyed the snow as well.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I forgot one. This happened the night before the snow trip. My brother called me up about 9:30 that Saturday night. He told me that this guy in his awesome truck was stuck. He bragged to the guy that my truck was better and that I could pull him out (thanks Spencer). After getting directions, me and a friend went out to find this guy. He enjoys the mud at night (more difficult to dig himself out?) Anyway, I get down there to find a '97 Ford F-250 Powerstroke w/33" Thornbirds buried to the rocker panels. Oh what a wonderful night. He already had a couple of his friends try to pull him out. Unfortunatly the stock Grand Cherokee or Pathfinder wouldn't make him budge. I gave him a couple of tugs and he moved about a foot. I checked out what he was doing as far as trying to dig himself out. The tires had channels so they could move, if his diffs and transfer case weren't dragging along. We had to jack up his truck and spent about an hour searching for brush that we could put under his tires so we could pull him out. This one was actually pretty fun. I'm still waiting for the pictures though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts