Off Road Vehicles banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
well the motor is a 4.8,or 5.3, and the Z66 package must not be for just the 2wd or the 4wd because you say its just on the 2wd but i've got one in the parking lot out side of work and i talked to the owner and he said that the package had the option of 2 or 4wd. and guess what he chose the 4wd push button autotrac. so looks like we where both wrong. and i did look in it, it is a 4wd.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
did the truck say z66 on the side? i know for a fact that the z66 is only available on the 2wd. if you look on the website and try to build your own, there is no on road suspension package (codename Z66) available for the 4wd. if you switch to 2wd it is there

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
http://www.truckworld.com/Sport-Utility/02-avalanche/02-avalanche2.html

It states the z66 as only for the 2wd, but that may've changed.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
if you try to build one on the chevy website it wont let you so i dont see how the website could be wrong, the only thing that it could be is that they dont offer it on the 2003s but i really doubt it

·
Registered
1 Posts
those numbers are codes used by GM. if you have ever seen a price guide by consumer reports or edmunds.com, you will see what i'm talking about. z71 is off road package, z66 is premium on road suspension package, NP8 is autotrac transfer case, z82 is HD trailering equipment package, LM7 is 5.3 liter SFI engie, etc. I do not know how it came to be that the stickers are on the side of the truck though.
Do you or anyone else know if the z66 package extend beyond the suspension and rear diff? Like brake components wheel bearing ball joint or any other parts that may have seen a upgrade from the norm.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts