Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
by now you prob know my ram got the back glass busted out and everything inside is gone except my parking permit hanging from the rearview.thinking about a cliffor aeroIII, supposedly pretty good. since this is the second time in a month i want one that would shock the s*** out of anyone that touches my truck while it's activated. wonder how many times i'd fry myself

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
What power does it run off of? What if it rains? Is there a website that shows the details on this thing.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I don't think there's such an alarm! Anyhow, a couple of good mobile security manufacturers are Clifford and DEI (aka Viper). I myself run a Viper alarm system and the expansion devices are endless. You have options like shock, vibration, glass sensors, single (inside), dual (inside and outside) proximity sensors, keyless door entry, auto start feature, temperature control feature, etc...

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
didn't say they made one, jsut wishing they would, I'm really tired of getting my s*** stolen and wouldn't mind fying the [email protected]*!* that tries it again. I'm probably gonna get the clifford sat. i'll let ya know how it works

·
Registered
52 Posts
I dont know how to do it, but you can fab something up yourself (one of my friends did it to his truck) but it is highly illegal, plus it really hurts if you touch it. :~) hope that helps a little bit.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the Viper alarm w/ shock sensors, and its great. I previously had a Code Alarm, and it was crap(never worked properly). Go for a Viper or CLifford, and stay away from Code Alarm. Just my experience.

·
Registered
67 Posts
On whatever you get, make sure you get the remote battery. As an experienced youth, i know that it takes about 5 seconds to break the class, pop the hood, and undo the battery. I had a Viper on my 4runner and it was great. Also get the pager option. Its "on/off" device alerts you to when your alarm has been set off. They are pretty loud too, so they will wake you if it is being done at night.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
For the battery disconnection, is the preferred method by "mispent youth" types to cut the wires or to pull the clamp off?

I've got some custom solid 1/2" copper terminal clamps that dig into the terminal posts, you aren't pulling them off. Also have 3 wires off neg, and 5-6 off positive.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It would be to cut them. Makes it that much quicker. However with all the 'goodies' that can be added on that require power the negs and power wire have moved to lower gauge wire, allowing for the additional juice to flow. So cutting is sometimes difficult, It is easy to stick a large screwdriver under the back and just pry it off. But that takes a bit more time especially if there isn't much room or its on there nice and snug.
I've also seen people go from underneath the trucks and use a LARGE screwdriver (i'm sure any long pointy object would work) and smash a hole into the batter and let the fluid drain till battery is dead and alarm doesn't work.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
scared to ask how culley knows so much.
clifford has lifetime warranty and a friend just put one on is 2000 ram. saved his truck the same time mine was raped

·
Registered
362 Posts
Opps, that was me above(anonymous) I forgot to log in.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm not afraid to say that I did some sh--ty things druing my youth. And I can assure you, after having it done to me, I will never do it again. Nothing but a$$holes who do that, I regret everything about it. But I did learn a lot in prevention. As for them stealing stuff, remember home owners insurance covers that stuff. I had over $3k stolen from my truck once. I was so pissed, but proper prevention is key. Don't get alarms that are too sensitive because people turn their backs on those because they are always goin off. Like I said the pager accessory is a MUST. It is priceless.
And I agree, I think if they want to break into my truck, I should be able to wound them. Up here in Alaska it is legal to fire 22s in city limits so i have no regrets firing a couple shots off to get them to stop before the cops come. I have a 454 Raging Bull that is just itching to have someone to get shot at as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a code alarm sure start in mine and it works fine. I had my truck broken into also but all they got is my wallet. I think if you get any alarm that will go off and tell you someone is in your truck then that is all you need. Every time I hear my alarm go off I grap my ruger!!!

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Alpine makes a great simple alarm and its relativly in expensive, around $250 installed, they also make one model higher with a LED display, thats around $400. With bolth of these alarms you can get remote start and alot of other options. DEI and cilford are also great alarms. I perfer the Alpine, its inexpensive, reliable and it simply works without flaws.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts