Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. Im runnin a 2wd ram right now. and i got 5 1/2in lift on the way. im kidna short on cash now so im just gonna run my stock rims. I like them anyways. I was wondering if i could fit a 33" tire on the stock 16in rims? what tire sizes would you recomend? thanks!

Robert

·
Registered
77 Posts
bobby,
Are your wheels 7" or 8" wide?
I'm running 33x12.50's on my stock 17x8's and they fit nicely!
I don't think you'd want to go wider than 10.5-11 wide tires on 7" wide wheels.
When in doubt check the tire chart offered by most tire manufactures. They will tell you what is recomended for each size tire.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Robert,

Check out Interco Tire Co. They make a new size for the Super Swamper SSR's!

35/10.50/16* :bigthumb:

here's a pic: (not actual size mentioned)

*fits a size 16 X 7-9 wheel

:D:

·
Registered
969 Posts
With a 5 1/2" lift those 33's should fit good, if you choose that 10.5 SSR

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
...here's a picture of a lifted ram with 36" Swampers on factory wheels. I believe those tires are the Q78-16LT.

*picture taken from Skyjacker's site.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow that looks awesome! not liking that trucks color though. but the tires look sweet.what tires are those?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are tsls right? Iv only seen sized Q78x 16 in tsl. I think this tire might be abit big and rub. Till i get more lift.

·
Registered
234 Posts
What are the exact dimensions in inches of those Q78-16LT tires? I knwo that they are about 36" tall and for 16" wheels but how wide are they and will they work on stock 16/7 rims?

Also, about those new ssr's, the 35/10.5R16, is 10.5 narrow enough to work on the stock 16/7 rims?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
yes, they will work on the factory wheel...i myself run 35/12.50/15 on a 15X8 wheel with no problems!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
if your stock wheels are 16 X 8's, yes!...im not sure what size your factory wheels are, but mine were 16 X 7's...the tires on the green ram above are equivalent to a 36/11.50/16. i believe the factory wheels on that ram are 16 X 7???...but correct me if im wrong....

'98 Dodge Ram 1500 QC SLT 4X4 5.2, 5" SkyJacker Stage II Kit, 35/12.50/15 GoodYear MT/R's on 15X8 Weld Sidewinders, Flowmaster Cat-Back Exhaust System, Volant Cool Air Intake System w/ Ram Air Scoop, Custom Audio System.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yeah thats true, you don't want the tire to be sucked in by a narrow wheel. Some tires will still look good on narrower rims, but my 36" Radials will only fit good on 8" wide rims. Like I said it depends on the tire and how much wider it is than the wheel.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I personaly dont liek really wide tires and wide rims. The reason I wanted to use stock rims because I wouldn't have to spend another 500 on rims. I could use that money for more lift.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
actual.. a 3in body lift and 2 1/2 coil spacers. thats just the start. when im done il have close to 12"s of lift. hopefully

1 - 18 of 18 Posts