Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't know if there the same but take a look at the u-joints on your steering shaft.
On my 2001 4X4 my shaft was wasted only after
about 5000 miles. There was a clunk like yours from any bump. Took 3 trips to dealer
to fix that problem. I won't mention how many times it's been at the dealer to fix axle shaft leak which started after 150 miles. Thank God for warranties!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
ok this is funny.
my truck till a week ago still made that clashing noise on speed bumps or when off roading. I recently put on rancho 5000's on the truck and the noise went away. the truck rides a lot better then before and the only difference is that these new shocks are stock size. not for a 2inch lift. and after doing some research about shock sizes for my truck i was told by rancho that i should have been running a stock size shock because i just had a coil spacer on top of the spring. but rough country gave me way longer shocks compared to the stock size when i bought the lift. i dunno go figure maybe i have the first self healing dodge ram also i havnt heard that tranny noise in a long time from my torque converter.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
oh yea.. thanks

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hey Rawkon, I have always wondered what exactly you mean by "custom engine mud guards". I wouldn't mind having something to keep water from splashing into my engine compartment. I'm just curious because it sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
47 Posts
hello when I put my first lft.(2inch) they said to use my stock shocks but they would make a clunk sound when the shocks woul travel out.. I replaced mine also and cured the problem, I also made some custom extenders for my original shocks that were metric threads, I just wanted more controll. so I went with the rs9000

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
For my engine guards i just used a high heat rubber type material and i cut out holes where all the hoses, steering column are. they stop all the mud and water coming in from where the wheel wells are but i still need to make a guard for directly under the motor (im thinkin diamond plate or a light aluminum) cause i still get crap coming up and hitting the fan which in turns blows stuff all over the motor.

·
Administrator
9,227 Posts
Don't cover up too much as you can overheat since the hot air can't escape, and the trapped air limits the amount of air that can flow through the radiator.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
ya i dont wanna cover up completey but theres gotta be a way to limit it more without affecting the air flow too much

·
Administrator
9,227 Posts
My buddy Aaron (user Woody) has made some flaps. Hasn't really had it out yet to see how well it works though. See if you can contact him and see if he has more info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts