Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just purchased my first dodge, I wanna lift it a bit, 3-6 inches or so. I'm confused with all the different types and brands out there, what do you suggest?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Your gonna hear alot of people say SKYJACKER, and thats because they are the best. Think Skyjacker.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
What do you want to do with your truck? How much do you want to spend? Do you want 100% bolt-on or is some cutting and welding okay?

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
I'd go with what jasonb suggested, deside what your going to use it for first. what kind of off road driving, and eh? are you willing to cut your wheel wells? Then deside tires then lift. A skyjacker lift doesn't work very well for high speed off road desert, (pro comp with some welding mod's is better for that) but it's good for rock crawling, a rancho may get you by for less.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not exactly wanting to cut anything quite yet. i'm gonna use it mainly for slow trails, rock crawling etc. Are skyjacker an expensive investment?

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
That would be USD. For the Dodge, there are several kits by Skyjacker

start with Standard, Single Flex or Double Flex then to that you pick Class I or Class II then you pick Kit or System

I think the best overall setup for what you want would be a Single Flex Class I System. That means the control arms have hiems on one end only, fixed the other end. Singel front shocks and new rear leaf pack, not add-a-leaf

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
SKYJACKER! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Sure you will hear a lot of people say Skyjacker and they're good, but they aren't "the best". I've owned Skyjacker before and I would stack my Fabtech against it anyday. If you are interested in rock crawling which is what I do 80% of then consider the Fabtech. I recently returned from the Moab Jeep safari in Southern Utah and the kit worked awesome. Flexed nicely and no problems. Don't listen to those that haven't experienced both.

·
Registered
20 Posts
he mentioned rockcrawling.....makes me wonder if he has a solid axle or ifs setup? it would be kinda tough to rockcrawl with ifs, no matter which kind of kit you buy, but other wise, i say, SKYJACKER ALL THE WAY :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
:D: SKYJACKER :D:

:lol: :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
On 2002-04-04 18:28, punkineater wrote:
Sure you will hear a lot of people say Skyjacker and they're good, but they aren't "the best". I've owned Skyjacker before and I would stack my Fabtech against it anyday. If you are interested in rock crawling which is what I do 80% of then consider the Fabtech. I recently returned from the Moab Jeep safari in Southern Utah and the kit worked awesome. Flexed nicely and no problems. Don't listen to those that haven't experienced both.

I would jsut worry about the long wheel base with the lower arms being vulnerable to bending if you land on a rock. I would prefer it if FabTech built a stronger (resistance to bending) lower contrl arm

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Ok... what about trailmaster? I know a few that run it and even though its a bit more, they like it. It has the relocation of the lower link mounts so it has LONG lower control arms... is this really a plus?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Stay away from Trailblaster, err, Trailmaster. Have not seen good things about this lift, plus you can only go 4 inches as a max. Skyjacker is the way to go, hands down.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
On 2002-04-05 00:05, TommyBoy wrote:
he mentioned rockcrawling.....makes me wonder if he has a solid axle or ifs setup? it would be kinda tough to rockcrawl with ifs, no matter which kind of kit you buy, but other wise, i say, SKYJACKER ALL THE WAY

his truck is a 2000 model which means a SFA....but dude Dodgedog how many more people gotta say SKYJACKER before you give in and go skyjacker lol
-Neil

1 - 20 of 20 Posts