Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What headers are worth the money for our Dodge's. I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Quad Cab. I have heard that there is Gibson, JBA and others. I have no experience with them, so I was hoping someone could lead me in the right direction.

Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have heard good things about Borla headers. They have super thick flanges that resist warping, and they have a lifetime warranty as well. Welds and finsh looks good on them too. now i just wish they made a set for the 351 W.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Depends on the state you are in. Technically, you can only run "shorty" headers, which kill low-end torque but really open up the high-end.

This is because you have a 2001, which means you have pre-cats between the manifolds and the y-pipes.

If you live in a state where you can throw emissions laws out the window (at least to some degree), you may get away with running full-length headers (like Borlas).

But really, unless you're running custom headers, or Thorley Tri-Ys, you will lose low-end grunt, but gain it on the high-end.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I am thinking of putting my stock manifolds back on to see if I get any of my lost gas milage back. I know I gain back some low end grunt which I truely miss.

V

·
0 Posts
Dont get the Pacesetter headers. They are junk. JBA makes a great quality header. Best set of headers Ive ever owned

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Is it me or is there an increasing number of ancient threads popping up everywhere.

This one was started in 2001.

·
Registered
12,648 Posts
:withstupid: It is ok to being up old threads if you are looking to ask a question or get more information. But when you try and provide advice to a post where the guy already got his answers years ago, it is kinda pointless. Yeah GodRamit, there have been a lot of funky ones popping up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts