Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about investing in a mopar PCM, or a jet chip or something alike. What benefits do these provide? what are the pros and cons? power, economy? Thanks in advance,

Mike

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Performance chips typically remap spark and timing, as well as shift points(auto), and can remove the factory top speed limiter. In some cases fuel economy will improve, but many chips require super unleaded.

·
Registered
969 Posts
The key point is that it will cause the transmission to shift later in the rpm range which usually is where your powerband is. I have an automatic but they way the pcm shifts I basically get the rpms I want.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Ill sell you a jet stage II chip fo 100.00 it wont work on my truck, it has a lifetime warranty. im gonna spend 3 or 4 hundred and get the mopar perf. pcm. the jet chip will work on a 318 or 360 from 1996 to 2001 for a automatic or manual trans. The chip new costs 275-300 bucks.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Good choice Big, I think the mopar pcm works better then the chip.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
I have a Jet Power Module (Stage II), I have to use premium fuel, and the truth is that the thing don´t made any significant changes, except the shift points. So my advise "don´t invest on a Jet Power Module", get the Mopar PCM.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've got the Jet 2 chip and I run the cheap fuel without any spark-nock. I can't notice any changes in performance besides the shift points. I even called Jet and spoke to their tech to make sure it was working. I just ordered the Mopar PCM. It will be here on Tuesday. In my opinion, anyway you spell J-E-T it spells J-U-N-K

1 - 8 of 8 Posts