Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 40s are worn a little and I got me a brand new spare to match, what do you guys do with your spare tire? keep it new? rotate it in with the others?

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
I rotate mine in... that way the all wear out about the same time. Then if for some reason I want to change the type I'm running when I get new ones, I can.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Rotate it in :poke:

Technically your extending your tire life a little. Make sure you mark it and keep it in place of every other one of the other tires at one time.

It annoys the hell out of me when the jeep boys have bald a$$ tires and a brand new dry rotted spare.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
On 2005-11-19 20:12, Rollcage wrote:
I rotate mine in... that way the all wear out about the same time. Then if for some reason I want to change the type I'm running when I get new ones, I can.
:withstupid: rotate in

·
Registered
136 Posts
The jeep remark made me laugh. Last week my girlfriend's borther-in-law was over and I remarked that his Jeep was due for a rotation before the snow flies. I asked him if he was going to rotate the brand new spare he bought with the other 4. The rears are lower, fronts are good and he said no. I asked why and he said that his friend at the garage rotates them for free, but recommended not to use the spare as it will cause a vibration. I told him I disagree, but its his truck. That tire will sit there until the steel come through the other 4. Some people never learn.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I rotate mine in...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts