Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my truck back today...$2500 later...well anyways I am still wondering about putting the 3 inch Skyjacker on my truck with 315 procomp all terrains....I was hopin maybe for a little help puttin it on...so I could learn about my truck and get some experience with more serious mechanical things...I have plenty of mechanical know how but just not with the chassis and suspension of trucks...If anyone in the southeast wanted to set aside a day to maybe gimme some help that would be great....also who has the custom enclosure for a 12 inch sub..I saw a picture and now I want to know who built it thanks

Brett

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
In answer to your questions: 1. I can set aside a day to help you, I am in Mobile Alabama. If you want to know all there is to know about your suspension, I am the guy to ask (not tootin my horn, just have become very intimate with the suspension). I have all the tools that you will need, including air tools. If you are interested, you could drive down for the weekend and crash at my place so you don't have to drive down and then drive back. Just let me know a bit in advance. 2. Stealthbox is who makes the enclosure for a 12" sub, in the middle seat. Very cool, my bother in law has one, and it kicks hard!

·
Registered
63 Posts
BKAST, what school do you go to? I am over here in Auburn(war eagle!). I havent put mine on yet but have put lifts on cherokees it is the same suspension set up and wasnt too hard. I am putting mine on over spring break. do you have a place to put it on? all of the good tools like air tools are at my folks place in N.C. If you have the stuff I wouldnt mind giving you a hand.

·
Registered
63 Posts
BKAST, what school do you go to? I am over here in Auburn(war eagle!). I havent put mine on yet but have put lifts on cherokees it is the same suspension set up and wasnt too hard. I am putting mine on over spring break. do you have a place to put it on? all of the good tools like air tools are at my folks place in N.C. If you have the stuff I wouldnt mind giving you a hand.

Jason Hybiak

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both of those Ideas sound good....could you both e mail your Telephone numbers my e mail is [email protected] remember I still gotta buy the lift...

Brett

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I am not in school, I am full time Military. I have all the setup you need down here, though. Tools galore, and whatever else we need.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Small world Hybiak, I'm about 30 min away from you in Phenix City. Finially I have met someone close to home, Oh yea, and if you guys need help I know my suspension inside and out. Period, point blank, I have done tons of research before I made my suspension moves. Both of yall can e-mail me at [email protected]
Maybe I can help you guys with your lift, there is nothing to the Dodges, solid fronts are easy to work with. Hey Hybiak, well have to get together and go ride sometime. I was begening to think that everyone on this board was from Cali.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Or better yet, we could all get together you guys could put your lifts on while I provide knowledge and advice, (lol) once you get the hang of things you could put my body lift on for me (so I dont have to fool with it) and I could perform the three ise's (supervise, chastise, and critise), and drink cold beer. After all somebody has to do it, might as well be me. (lol)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Dammit! everybody is sharing tools and 4wheeling spots and beer, why can't anyone live in Missouri? East or West, how about in the middle? There are a lot of people on this board, you would think some of them would live around here. Oh well, fyi lifting a truck is much easier and much more fun with someone else helping. Cooperation makes it happen. Anybody in Mo needing help with a project, let me know I would be glad to ablidge.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
You were close Beast. The speaker box your looking for is made by JL Audio. It is called the Stealthbox, it holds one JL Audio W3 12" subwoofer and replaces your front center seat. You use your stock cloth/leather skin (the material that goes over the cusion itself) and it looks like it's not even there. Hence the name "Stealthbox" It's kind of hard to sit on, I don't sit in the center seat of my truck though, so I don't really care. Also, if you play deep bass, you'll get a nice back message.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I agree with Ian, I have a "stealthbox" installed in my Dodge, and it does ROCK! I had something playing, turned WAY up and my rearview mirror fell the hell my windshield!
Shookit's screws loose!. And yes, it's hard on the kiester! But as Ian mentioned, he nor I sit on the thing, so we don't care! There a little pricy, mine ran about $430, and I installed it myself. (Saved some coin there)
Later...
Troy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts