Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one give me some tips on water proofing my internals. I live in Alaska and there are some deep water crossings. Maybe even some info on some snorkles=).
Thanks Josh

·
Registered
482 Posts
MAKE SURE you extend those axle vent tubes as high as possible for 1. I learned the hard way, had to put all new bearings in the front axle one month after it had been rebuilt.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
yeah, don't forget your breather hose that runs to your transfer case. Get water in there and you are screwed.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Ummm... doors, I guess, my feet and carpet got a little wet.

Video -- http://mjw.com/amigo/fordyce-02-09/images/DSCF0003.AVI

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
excellent vid.....Gotta watch that first step, it's a doozy............lol

Do you have all your carpeting out of your truck? Man that gotta smell good in the morning if ya don't........

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Rain-X lol :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
First of all, I´m pretty sure that the vents of the axles are in the firewall, But beware of the TRANNY, because it has no vent line, I drove under 5 foots of water and the only thing that had water in was my Tranny, so try to waterproof your tranny and transfer.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Actually still have carpet, just left the doors off and it sitting in Reno for a few days. Amazing what heat and dry will do for ya. It really didn't suck at all, didn't get stuck, just drove through, was fun. Knew what to expect but the rest of the trail was tight and difficult so I wanted to have the doors off for that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts