Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to cut a vinyl bed cover to fit around a lightbar/rollbar? or better yet, does any company make one? I would like to have both, but i think that I may have to make a decision between one or the other. does MPG increase enough with a bed cover to even bother with it??

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I wouldn't buy a cover to increase mileage, you'll be dissapointed.

It's not a certain way to gain mileage, unless you get something that runs from the top of the cab at an angle down to the tailgate.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Its definately possible to cut it to fit around the rollbar but if you want it to look good and flush with the bar you'll probably gonna have to get someone to do it professionaly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Find yourself a good seamstress or an upolstry shop. They should be able to cut the cover and add velcro to fasten it tight around the bars. My mom is a seamstress and she has made all kinds of cool custom covers, she added a huge rams head on the center of my brothers after cutting it down to fit with a tool box. If your anywhere near Wisconsin I will get you a deal.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i want to to basically the same thing u want but through my hard cover so ill need some rubber boots that get pulled snug so water doesnt get in there and freeze anyone have any ideas? I want to put a chrome bar though it and mount light on it

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't think that it would work with a hard cover because how would you tilt it open with the roll bar in place? you would need to have long holes in the cover to allow for the cover to move up and down the length of the bars.

·
Registered
182 Posts
yeah i fugured the holes would have to be just over a foot towards the back to give it room to open thats why i need like a shift boot or something custom made for it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
There are places that make soft covers for around the bars. About the hard top... I would think about somehow getting a shorter herd top to hing AFTER the roll bers and have a filler piece made for the bed to the front of it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what places that you know of that make covers to go around the bars. I haven't heard of any, however, I have not looked that hard either.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I did this with my tool box and cover... was very easy...

to do it with a roll bar would be tough, but not that hard... I agree, find someone who can do it right!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts