Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I get the kind of the same thing. But it is in the front end and my OD is off. My vibration is between 40-45 mph. I checked my ball joint by jacking up the truck and seeing if I can shake the tires but they seem good. I'm wondering if my tires need to be rebalanced.. HUM... DDGETHS

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I had the same problem. Turned out to be the tires. Either out of balance or a belt was going. Dunno as I replaced the tires as they were pretty much without tread.

Get it fixed quick, though. I didn't and ended up blowing out a second track-bar from the vibrations. As if my off-roading wasn't mean enough to it... :):

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
1. tires, 2. driveshaft, tires first cuz it is easey. if that does not work call a driveshaft shop and see what they suggest

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just a sugestion leave the over drive off till u get to around 50-55 any how will save the tranny from hnting the gear when u are at that speed all the time and it won't hurt the gas milage either

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I had a similar problem on my Dodge. I had a spark plug wire burn through the first time because it fell on the header. The second time there was a vacuum hose disconnected from the EGR valve running to the EGR motor. Those would be the two things I would check first.

:bigthumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts