Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get more power out of my V10, as it is only 300 stock. Sorry, don't mean to brag, its just im used to muscle car speed. I have put a k&n and magna flow exhast. I was just wondering if any other V10 owners know of a "can't live without" upgrade. I am thinking supercharger, but haven't found a kit yet. Thanks

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did talk to Jacobs Electronics today, they said that they will have a DIS system at the first of the year for the V10. I can't wait!

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the drop-in only because they have no second gen kit for the V10. I have thought about headers, but talked to a guy that has them and said he only got about 30 hp from computer, headers, and a few other things.

·
Registered
807 Posts
vortech makes a supercharger kit for the V-10, truckperformance sells it here...

<!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://truckperformance.com/products/?cartID=2001110208553224.251.122.32&searchtype=67d&urlsubcategory=Superchargers%2F+NOS&productcategory=Superchargers&sortorder=AA&sf1=DODGE&sf2=2000&sf3=RAM&sf4=DIRECT+FIT+%28FUEL+INJECTED+APPLICATIONS%29&sf5=V10%2F8.0L" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End -->

[edit by jasonb: cleaned up url]

·
Registered
502 Posts
The supercharger is the way to go but you will pay for it. I am thinking about a Kenne Bell for mine mainly because it is made for lower rpm hp and tq. The paxton that fits your truck is made for high end HP.
It would be nice but is rather pricey..

Check with Kenne Bell and with Whipple. They both might make kits that will fit.
I think that Powerdyne also makes a kit and they are a little less expensive but they are also for higher rpm.

Nitrous is an option if you want power on demand.. I dont think that I would get a computer controlled kit.. I have a real problem with seeing what should be a $500 kit being packaged at $1300+ because of some timing retard modules which only cost a couple hundered to get seperate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts