Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
which one would start a better fire, a BIC or a flamethrower, same principle, you put less resistance in the flow of the electricity to your plugs and you up the power and get a bigger spark. your truck will run better, have better acceleration, and could improve your mileage and its usually heavier duty and more reliable than stock ignition.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so is it actually worth me buying one and adding one to my truck is the question really?

I know its a small engine but I am really looking into performance upgrades.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
NOTHING CAN HELP A 2.8, im sorry man, those motors are pretty much throw aways, the cranks are soft and they are notorious for locking up, trust me, i had one do it to me in a s10. :sorry: :sorry:

·
Registered
519 Posts
I dont think you really need a aftermarket ignition till you start turn the motor at some high rpms such as 6500 or higher on older vechicles or if you have coil on plug then i wouldn't even consider it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm I havent heard that much bad about them. I plan to keep the body if there is still no rust if the motor goes out. If its still good I would consider maybe 3.4L for my next motor. most people I know have 2.2L in thier trucks when they go mudding

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
DUDE IF YOUR GONNA PUT A MOTOR IN IT, PUT A 4.3, you are gonna waist your money if you dont cause everything you can do to a 305 or 350 you can do to a 4.3, i got one on the engine stand for my s10 that makes between 325 to 350 horses

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the motor hasnt died yet so I will use it along with the other stuff I do have. I like the gas mileage from it but the acceleration is very slow. I will see when it does go out what it takes to drop a 350 into it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am a poor college student I was going to look into dodges but my funding was low and still is. I was just thinking of ideas for christmas.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts