Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just realize that my axle is uncentered!!!, the passenger side is near 1/2" outside the fender, compared to the driver side. I have installed a drop bracket (wich is part of the Cepek Kit) for the trackbar, I supposed that the trackbar now is too long and that is producing this difference. I whant to know how can I solve this annoying problem. Maybe with the DT trackbar?, wich is regulable.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Sounds like the track-bar. I have the opposite problem with my 3" lift and no track-bar bracket. Driver's tire sticks out more.

Not highly noticeable, but it's there.

DT will let you center it up nicely.

BTW, LIKE THE MUD!!! (in your sig).

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woody, Did the track bar constantly receive pressure to keep the axle centered?, because today I take out the drop bracket and the track bar and the axle goes more to the right side, then when I install it I needed to put the axle back to his old position, that tells me that when I install the DT Track Bar it will receive a lot of pressure to keep the axle centered, so I´m wondering if the heim joint will resist all this pressure.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Don't be driving around without that track bar!!!

The track-bar is constantly under compression or tension, but usually compression, I think. I'd have to sit down and diagram things to figure out.

But the heim joints are rated for about 10x (or more) than the truck weighs. No worries about failures. It's MUCH stronger than the stock pieces are.

·
Registered
362 Posts
No kiddin dont try to ride without it because the upper and lower links are not strong enough to hold the axel left to right and you going to wind up sitting next to you axle instead of behind it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Oh yea, and where in Gods green earth does everybody find these dick cepek lift from?????? Im not wanting one but I havent seen one either.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
ive got an account from dick cepek. they reorganized and are making the lifts again. im gonna be getting the 6" soon. if anyone wants anything, just let me know.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Whats the price for that 6" lift?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The DT bar is adjustable. The heim joint at the top is rated at 140,000 lbs the guy told me, i think that might hold up ok. If the axle is shifted to the passenger side, that means the track bar is too long or the bracket dropped it down to far.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Is it just me or is that mud just perfect? I thought we had some good mud in Missouri but damn, that sloppy stuff is abosolutely beautiful!

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I beleive that the Drop Bracket is dropping to much the trackbar, and that´s why my axle is loaded to the passenger side. But it seems that the DT Trackbar comes with a new hardware, and is adjustable, so I beleive that that will solve my problem.
About the mud, this mud was awesome and this picture was taken just at the beggining of the trail, we travel just 10 miles in a 14 hours day. :D:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts