·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone make a bracket for it or have a pic? thanks

·
Registered
880 Posts
can you just use existing u-bolts or do you need to modify them or get new ones to do a u-bolt flip. i ordered the plate from the stealership, and i have a part number if you need it..

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Just to warn ya DO NOT I repeat DO NOT buy the u-bolts at autozone or advance auto. There really cheap and I wouldn't trust them with my life.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On 2005-11-23 13:16, BigNasty4x4 wrote:
can you just use existing u-bolts or do you need to modify them or get new ones to do a u-bolt flip. i ordered the plate from the stealership, and i have a part number if you need it..

you have a price on that plate? and for anyone else, will the u-bolts from there work on our trucks.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no idea, i forgot all about this lol

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
On 2007-01-15 13:07, redlinebk wrote:
any updates or part numbers?

:withstupid: im interested as well, any pics?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Here is a crappy pic of the u bolt flip on my 2500.

I used the plates for an 03-up and ground out the holes a little to allow me to run 5/8" BDS u bolts. The part number for the 2500 plates is on here somewhere, I believe V10Sport posted it.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
On 2007-01-16 13:21, redlinebk wrote:
got a part number for the 1500's, 52106739AA.
list price $25.45 ea

i just got mine today :D:

cool, from where? dealer im guessing?

·
Registered
336 Posts
so what U bolts would work ?? that are strong enough for serious wheeling ??

could you just get them for the 03 up 1500 ? with the plate ?

or perhaps even the 2500's 03 and up U bolts ?? or are the axle housing different diameters ? :dunno::

looking into doing this also since i can never get the existing U bolts to crank down totally

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
For your u-bolts just go to your local spring shop and have them made to your specs. I paid like $7 ea. including nuts and washers.

·
Registered
15,223 Posts
im guessing the plates on the 1500 is not as wide as the 2500 right? since there only 2.5" wide compared to 3" am i right on that? if so, then the part # above is only for 1/2 tons!

·
Registered
502 Posts
The 03 and up U-bolts would work if you don't have a spring shop near by to fab them, right?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
On 2007-01-16 21:18, RamAford wrote:
im guessing the plates on the 1500 is not as wide as the 2500 right? since there only 2.5" wide compared to 3" am i right on that? if so, then the part # above is only for 1/2 tons!

The 2500 plates are wider for the 3" springs. I think it was like $65 for the pair. For my U bolts I just measured what size I needed and had the local BDS dealer order some for me.

Sorry it was posted by Lance
http://www.pavementsucks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=37220&highlight=u-bolt+flip

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.