Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man these things are freakin awesome.....

I've got a Bazooka 600 Watt amp pushing each.......

Just thought I'de share. I don't have a new deck yet at all though, I'm running the stok Chevy CD player....booyah..

-zach-

·
Registered
267 Posts
hey sport,
have you noticed the drift in the bass level at different volumes? i put one of my alpines in my wifes 99 yuk to drive two infinti 12s and noticed that at low volume levels the bass is way into overkill, but when you get it up to what should be a perfect level, the bass just gets weak. i've got chokes (47mfd front and 99mfd rear) on the factory speakers to keep from distorting them when i get to borrow the family wagon, but that just seems to make the all around sound seem like a poorly adjusted eq. i've tried all the factory presets for jazz, pop, etc, they just don't sound right. i've set up $500 systems to sound killer, and i have also seen customers spend over $5k and their cars come out of the shop sounding like crap, so i know that proper tuning is the key. i was just wondering if you had noticed the same thing, and what you make of it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well... It could be a number of problems...but I'll get started.

I wouldn't mess with any of the factory radio settings...to be frank, they all suck with the use of aftermarket speakers and subs. One problem you could be having is dealing with the actual speakers (not the subs) I have Bass Blockers running inline with all of my speakers and what I think was crucial to my system.. the equalizer. A combination of over two months of different fixes of the equalizer and the controls that are built into the amps gave me the sound I crave.

One thing that I did was set the system up with the equalizer not tuned. (as well as the stock eqaulizers in my dash which I disconnected) I tuned the subs and the speakers with the controls on the amps to meet my minimal needs. Then I went to the equalizer and fine tuned them.

-zach-

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
...another thing you should know...if your head unit has a built in cross-over and your amps also have built-in cross-overs, you can only run one or the other. if not, they cancel each other out at a certain frequency. as for the bass not being consistent with the mids & highs, run a head unit or equalizer with separate sub-woofer control.

one problem i found in my dodge is that the factory stereo wasnt a normal ground system, but a floating ground system...so if you are using the factory wires, make sure they are grounded properly...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts