Off Road Vehicles banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that on some 90 and newer F-250, you could get a Dana 60 rear and Dana 50 twin I beam front end. I am just wondering if these would swap into my 89 Bronco and if the wheel bolt pattern is 5 on 5.5.
With the one ton running gear I would not have to worry about durability as much with a set of say . . . 38s.
Let the mods begin!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
C'mon, gotta be someone out there who knows . . . j/k. I have seen Broncos out there sittin on 38s with the stock running gear, a d44 front and a ford 8.8 in the rear. I have just heard some say that if you go bigger than 35s with the stock stuff, you'll be breakin u joints left and right. Just wonderin what anyone here thinks, I don't plan to go any bigger than a set of 36x14.50 TSLs, you think i can gett away with stock axles?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I am just doing this reply to keep this post on the recent messages forum, but there has to be someone out there with an opinion as to whether I can get away with stock axles or. The more that I ponder 38 in radial Groundhawgs, the better they sound. I know that if i go to a tire that big, I will definitle swap in some stranger axles. But if I just go to a 36x14.50, should I be able to keep my Dana44 front and 8.8. rear and still have a fairly strong ride?

·
Registered
27 Posts
On 2001-12-01 00:49, Nick wrote:
I know that on some 90 and newer F-250, you could get a Dana 60 rear and Dana 50 twin I beam front end. I am just wondering if these would swap into my 89 Bronco and if the wheel bolt pattern is 5 on 5.5.
With the one ton running gear I would not have to worry about durability as much with a set of say . . . 38s.
Let the mods begin!!!

The Dana 50 TTB is nothing more than a Dana 44 TTB. The difference is the Dana 50 has a heavier set of gears, and the spindle uses an 8 lug bolt pattern. Everything else is the same. The pumpkin on your Dana 44 can be swapped to a Dana 50 without having to change the axle shafts. However theres no real advantage to such a swap. You'll still have the weak-ish axle shafts. 38s will be tough on your axle U-joints.
Ed

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I don't know why you would want to put that front axle under your truck if you were doing a swap. If i was swapping i wouldn't mess around and just go with a SFA like a D60 up there.

·
Registered
242 Posts
On 2001-12-01 00:49, Nick wrote:
Let the mods begin!!!

you mean STERLING 10..25 rear axle :bigthumb: , no dana 60 rears....the 10.25 is a beefy FF axle though, beefier than a D60 rear..good swap candidate

dont bother with the dana 50 front end, either swap to an older D44 (pre 80)solid axle swap, or go an f350 solid D60 (78/79, 85-97)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Lets think about this for a second,

[size=+2]THIS POST IS OVER 4yrs OLD[/size][size=-3]Ithink he has figure out what he is doing[/size] :silly:

·
Registered
242 Posts
On 2005-03-23 13:27, TinyTruck wrote:
Lets think about this for a second,

[size=+2]THIS POST IS OVER 4yrs OLD[/size][size=-3]Ithink he has figure out what he is doing[/size] :silly:

[size=+2]3!!!!![/size]

sry..didnt realize the thread was ancient :flipoff:
:kicknuts:

·
Registered
12,648 Posts
Fools and newbies alike keep replying to this ancient thread. I am locking it to keep anyone else from whorring it up or not paying attentiong to a question that has been answered a hundred times over. :smash:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.