Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone running or know anything about this lift. Seems like the best priced 5" i can find and i want to make sure there's nothing wrong with it. hell if it'll clear 35's itl make me happy

·
Registered
923 Posts
I can't say for sure but I thought that I read somewhere that all of their dodge lifts used spacers instead of lift coils. If that's the case I would stay away from a 5 inch spacer. Looks aside, that's a lot of horizontal leverage to be putting on a spacer block. Don't quote me on that, that's just what I think I read somewhere.

·
Registered
969 Posts
They use a new coil, and blocks in the rear.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nope outlaw, unless they have changed since I checked they still use sapcers. The add is decieving, but for about $100-$150 you can order the skyjacker springs to replace the spacers. Beware of the upper link, if no bracket is supplied like with skyjackers kit than articulation may be limited. I went with the rough country 3in kit( paid $400 + shipping), replaced the spacers with skyjacker coils ( paid $100 + 4 wheelparts paid shipping) and ordered a PA body lift from 4wheelparts wholesalers for $150 they paid shipping and met summitts price. Presto Changeo 6in of lift for under $700 bucks. Now you can beat that with a stick! Not even a big ugly stick. The rough country lift came the most complete: upper and lower links, track bar bracket, swaybar bracket, a your choice of how to lift the back(blocks or add-a-leafs)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hmmm A friend of mine has that lift on his truck and I hought it had coils, but i could have been mistaken.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-03-03 21:03, Outlaw Ram wrote:
Hmmm A friend of mine has that lift on his truck and I hought it had coils, but i could have been mistaken.

the 2500 tuff country uses coils, the 1/2 ton uses a spacer. and alot of time they seem so cheap because in very fine print it says shocks not included.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info. it may be cheaper to just stick with a lift/tire/wheel combo anyway. 5 inch skyjacker is name of the game in that package

·
Registered
143 Posts
I speak from experience when I say stay away from Tuff-Country. Had one on my Ram cuz it was cheaper than all the rest. You get what you pay for. Had all sorts of problems with it. Creeking noises from the spacers. Upper left trailing arm started to bend slightly(believe it or not). Was not pleased w/this product at all. Finally got rid of it for a 5.5" Skyjacker. No problems what so ever. More expensive but your truck deserves the best.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
kinda seems like your trying to stay cheap which everyone tries to do but remember you get what you pay for. i would just get skyjacker if i was you

·
Registered
896 Posts
So the Skyjacker stuff for Dodge is good? That's the lift I was looking at for my dad's truck. Well, not the 5", but the 3".

Is it possibe to just buy the 3" springs to level out the truck? If I go with 3" springs up front, and don't touch the back, will it sit level? I hear SJ springs don't give the full advertised lift, so I'm thinking 3" springs will be like 2.5".

As far as the Jeep stuff goes, the general opinion is that SJ sucks. The springs are supposed to sag alot.

For my next lift, I'm going with Skyjacker LCA's that I'm buying used (greasable bushings, .5" longer than stock, and they're tubular, so the tire tread won't grab on them when they rub). I hear good things about the SJ arms. I'm combining those with Tuff Country 3.5" coils, and shocks that are 4" longer than stock. Not sure which ones yet, but the extra length will give me more droop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts