Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for anyone who has built tube doors for their Dodge Ram. I have looked all over the internet for ideas, searched other forums and come up with nothing. Anyone here done it or even attempted it. Any ideas would be awesome cause i'm lookin at building some.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Most of what I have seen on here are half doors. I know there is a guy from alaska, I think, that has some good looking half doors. He has a flatbead on it too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would that be the green one with rockwells underneath it cause i've seen that one and it's pretty sick and the half doors are nice but i'm still pretty stuck on tube doors mainly cause i've never seen them on a dodge.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have also been trying to design some. The thing about Dodge's is once you remove the doors there is a huge opening. Tube doors look kinda weird when there is that much space. If your just going for function and keeping them for offroad use only I would say get some wrapping paper tubes or PVC and mock them up. IMO you would need to make some half doors or even weld the doors shut and create alomst a body tub from which you could fab up some pretty sick doors....

Brett

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright thanks for the tip. i was plannin on makin it so i could put the stock doors back on and maybe even get a second set of doors so that i could make some half doors to go along with the tube and stock doors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just testin to see if my sig works

·
Registered
17 Posts

Here you go... It is Dusty's truck. He chopped the doors down and also put a rail on them so he could install a piece of plexi-glass to close the cab up for the Alaskan winters. Good deal if you ask me!
I don't know which name he is using... but I think his screen name is ffdustyw
The truck is the Kodiak Dodge! Sweet truck!! :bigthumb:
Hope that helps you out a little,
Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking for anyone who has built tube doors for their Dodge Ram. I have looked all over the internet for ideas, searched other forums and come up with nothing. Anyone here done it or even attempted it. Any ideas would be awesome cause i'm lookin at building some.
Did you ever find any tube doors online?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts