Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well so far this fall on two trips I have damaged 2 TSL Radials. The first one was punctured in the sidewall and the second one had a foot long slice in the tread. Either I have the worse luck with swampers or the TSL Radials just suck for strength.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I think that the radial version was manufactured with street-use in mind. The bias ply version has more strength and stretch where as the radial uses a harder compound material to be able to put up with daily asphalt use...

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats very true, granted the radial is a very good off road tire. I do like it on the road because the tread is hard and doesn't wear down as fast.

·
Registered
3 Posts
outlaw
how much clearance do ypu have with those 36's and the 4" lift when your offroad?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My frame measures 24" above the ground. Its plenty of clearance cause the Radials are an unusaually tall tire for a 36. But that also means they are unusually narrow for a 36.

·
Registered
3 Posts
outlaw,
i think i phrased that question wrong. what i meant was what kind of clearance do you have between the tires and the rest of the truck(ie. wheelwell lining,control arms,sheetmetal) when you've got the suspension flexed.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hey Chili,
If I read your message right you got 4.56's on your truck and 285's? How does that drive? What kind of rpms are you turning at highway speed. I am getting ready to do 4.56's with 33's until I get my 35's. I was just curious as to how fast you can get it to cruise.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I have the suspension flexed the tire that is stuffed usually hits the top of the wheelwell before the control arms or any other sheetmetal. I ground of the little body tab (that runs along the bottom of the body) behind the wheel so when the axle pushes back there is no tab for the tire to hit. Just sitting level there is still plenty of clearance in the wheelwells.

·
Registered
3 Posts
that last post is from me, chili. i don't know what happened.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If there is anyone out there in "Cyberland" with a set of 36x14.50x15 TSL radials on a set of black "Rockcrawlers" that'll fit a Ford, and they wanna sell em, track me down!!! If not, I am just wonderin what a setup like that would cost me new, from like 4WheelParts. I would just use those in the winter and then i would use my AE 15x10s and my 35 ProComp Muds in the summer.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
black rockcrawler rims would be around $70 for 15x10's. The radials are about $230 a piece, call 4wheel parts and see if they can do a package of tires and wheels cause it would save you some money to buy them as a package.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts