Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help, i just received my TSL Radials (36 x12.5 x 15) today. they seem skinny. i am running 35 BFG ATs right now – so i know it is not a mater of not being used to the large tire – it just seems skinny. i am getting ready to send these back. is it just because they are not mounted – will they widen out under the weight of my truck. i really would like to see a picture of these on a 15 x 8 rim. i am running my 35s on a 15 x 8 and they look much wider. feedback please...

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
it might be because they r not mounted..but it also might be that the hight and width are not porportional to what u prefer in a tire

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
mabye u would like how a 36x14.50 would look better...try looking at those on a truck....u ccould just look at my truck in the rides section..page 7

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have those same TSL Radials on my truck. The Radials are a skinny tire, they are a 12.5 but the tread is only 9" wide. I know it doesn't look as good as a wider tire but the tread stays inside the fender so you don't need fender flares.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
yeah its a huge pain getting everything on the freakin road thrown on your truck, hood ,roof....etc. lol but hey they look and perform good

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
hey whitesport,
you havent had a problem with the mickey thompsons on your truck. i know of a couple of guys ive talked said they had a shimmy problem with them, 4wheel parts told me the same thing thats why i didnt go with them. have you had them in any snow?

·
Registered
704 Posts
The Swamper radial do run narrower compared to other tires. I'm still tempted to try the 36x12.5.16 TSL Radials on my factory 16x7 wheels.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is anyone running the SSRs 37 x 12.50 x 15s on a 1500 4x4 with 3 inches of suspension and 3 inches of body lift???

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'm almost positive the 37's would rub. I have that lift setup and when I stuff the 35"s they don't rub but there's no extra room. I think it would look good though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the 37" ssr's. When I first got them, I thought that they'd look too skinny, but after I get them mounted, I think they look fine. I could be that I just got used to them though. I'll try to get some pictures of them on here soon.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hey Ramcc4x4, The TSL radial is a narrow 12.5 but you shouldn't try it on a 7" wide rim. They look really good on 8" wide rims, they fit them perfectly.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
travis, what type of lift set-up do you have with those 37s?

95 RAM, 1500 SLT 4X4. 5.9L Motor. 3 inch body and 3 inch suspension lift. Running on 35 x 12.5 x 15 BFG ATs with 4:56 Gears

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
a buddy of mine ran the 36X12.50 swamper sx's on a 15x8 and i thought they looked a little narrow. i am going to run them on a 15x10, that will make them a little wider, because it is the only width they have the sx in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts