Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering If anybody is using a true speed calibrator and if so how well does it work and is it worth it also how did the trucks driving habits change i.e. geasr shift, power etc...

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have one on my truck. It was installed and adjusted according to the directions in the manual and it is dead nuts on.
I drove past one of those road side radar things at 30 and at 45 and it was perfect.

Bill

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess what I should ask is ... Is it worth it???? Does it improve enough to warrant speding near $200. Or should I just roll on with my 4.56 gears and 35's.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got the abbott one, it is a little cheaper then the tru speed!
It is simple to program you just drive 10 miles and depending how far your odometer is off you set these little dip switches to the code in the book and thats it!

Ray

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
ive seen something about modifying the abbott box to change the cab to pcm ratio on dodgeram.org.
im just not sure where the abbott box is. and if that would correct the speed. basically i guess what the truspeed and probaly this thing does is just change a frequency that it sends the signal at. it the dodgeram.org article it lists using a new resistor, which is what a new resistor would do, change a frequency. anyhow im not quite sure how many of you'all have seen it.
you need acrobat to view this i guess.

http://home.adelphia.net/%7Enpmrphy/abbott-mod.pdf

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dubge, where do you find this controll, and does it take care of the tire change and the gear change or do you not have to worry about the gear change since the rpm is still correctly read but the tires are still wrong????

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe a web site I can check out also.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
i think its worth the money to go ahead and do it. helping with the shift points and everything will just make it easier on your truck

·
Registered
962 Posts
I have the truspeed and it works great. have changed the tire size twice and am utilizing the switch that lets me change between 31's and 35's. I just used my gps to set mine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Unclemark you wont have to worry about the gear change cause it gets the reading off the R&P but every time you change tire sizes you will need to readjust the box!

http://atrol.com/erapage2.htm
here is a link

Ray

1 - 11 of 11 Posts