Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they fit under my truck stock, but its a 2500. I cant accurately say about the 1500's. the tires are just under 33". it depends on the manufacter.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Are you sure that its 32x11.2?? I think that depends on the type of tire it is cause all tires have different tread width. The 285's that I used to have measured 33x11.5x16. I had them on the factory 16x7 rims and they did rub on the upper control arm because of the lip, and the rim is too narrow for the tire. If you want that tire to fit good you should put it on with a 16x8 rim, although you could get by with a 16x7 if you don't mind rubbing on tight turns.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I think it does depend on the tire company because by calculator they are 33.4x11.5 They should clear no problem I have had a set forever now on the factory 16x7 wheel and have never rubbed any thing but my noggin. I had them before my 3 in lift and still didnt rub. no mine are m/t's not some fat aggressive tire like a thorebird.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have installed them and heres a forum...
<!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://www.pavementsucks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=394&forum=11&3" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End -->

·
Registered
807 Posts
your right, it all depends on the brand of tire. rim width also makes a difference. and 8 inch wide rim will make it a little taller than a 10 inch rim. i got those numbers off the 4 wheel parts wholesalers website. they have a tire size calculator on there.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Im running 285/75/16 on my 1500 without lift and with the factoy chrome wheels. These are Big O tires. The manufacturers specs say installed hieght on an 8 inch rim is 33.3 inches with new tread, they have about 9.5 inches of tread with about 10 .5 inches crossection. Ive been on some 3.0 trails and havent hit anything YET, but i go pretty slow, cuz my shocks suck for now. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
558 Posts
so you can put the spacers on the front of the truck and not do anything to the rest of the truck....does this look goofy ...or what?

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The spacers level out the truck. you dont HAVE to do anything else, but all it does is lift the front.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts