Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had several requests for pictures of my truck so I finally got around to taking a couple today at lunch.
I posted some up in the readers rides but they might take time to get aproved.
If you want to see the others that I took you can take a look over at my yahoo briefcase.

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/low86gt

Bill

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Nice Truck!!!

Is there any way to mount the dual stab above the tie-rod, instead of below it?

Thanks,

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woody,

I haven't looked at it that close but I do not think so. If there were a way to do it I would bet that Skyjacker would sell it that way just for the extra clearance.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
AHHHHH CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL (right chris?)........DAMN NICE TRUCK. if u ever want to sell it CALL ME FIRST

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Bill,

Bout time! Looks good! :bigthumb: His truck is high (i've seen it in person)! btw, your pics are already approved in the rides section! When are we goin' wheelin'? You gonna try and make Frank Raines??? :D:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Somebody was talking about the Steering stabilizers on the top... If you look carefully I think you'll notice somthing funny on the 2002 2500 steering setup, the Draglink comes down and goes to the passenger side tire, then the Tierod branches off from it. Maybe the pics are decieving but thats what I see. On the older 2500's the Tierod went from nuckle to nuckle and the Draglink bolted to the Tierod next to the Passenger side tire.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
This is the setup that I have on my truck, Big, now you see why I want to get rid of it and go with cross-over steering so bad...you bend the tie rod offroad, and it takes out the drag link, steering box, stabilizer, etc...that is what happened to me last time...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hey steve I called Performance Unlimited, the dodge setup with an upgrade in bar thickness to "RACE PROOF" is about 425.00, that includes the grade 9 aerospace hardware and the tie rod and draglink, with the draglink on the top or bottom of the knuckle.
Guess how answered the phone when I called.. the guy from the 1997 or 1998 Top Truck challenge with the big black Bronco.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DieselHrs,

What part of San Jose are you in? I am off 680 near Berryessa. My work isnt real far from here either. Anytime you want to hook up and talk trucks let me know..

·
Registered
295 Posts
NO WAY!!! I probably see you all the time I'm right off 680 and Capital Ave. I drive down Berryesa every day morning and night

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DieselHrs,

Damn. I think you are almost around the corner.
My work is just over off Lundy near the Post Office.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RamBrdr,

The color is called Graphite.
I think it is new for the 2002. I know that it was not an option when I bought my 2001 1500 in early 2000.

Bill

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Woody, it is not possible as far as 1998 2500 model is concerned to mount the stabilizers on top of the tie rod you would rub the crap out of the draglink that comes down and attaches to the tie rod.

·
Registered
472 Posts
yep Bill-she's lookin' good---aw gotta love another CUMMINS--now let's get some of those power upgrades on that thing......chris

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chris,

Thanks man. No worries. The power adders will be making their way on to the truck real soon.
As soon as I fix a couple little issues with the lift I am getting the transmission done. Then the gauges. After that well I think we are looking at a lot more fuel.

Bill

1 - 20 of 30 Posts