Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My compass gets stuck on what ever direction my truck is facing when I start it. Has anyone replace these on the 99 dodge trucks? If so, how hard are they to remove and replace? Any help on this would definately be appricated.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I know there is something in the owners manual about resetting the compass. I read it a long time ago, but not sure what the sequence is.

·
Registered
290 Posts
:withstupid: If you haven't already, you might try calibrating it first to see if that'll fix it.

1. Start truck.
2. Make sure the compass/temerature data is showing in display.
3. Press and hold both the US/Metric and Step buttons simultaneously for at least 6 seconds until 'Cal' appears in the display, then release the buttons.
4. Drive the vehicle on a level surface, at least 50 feet away from large metal objects and power lines, in all 4 compass directions, such as around a city block several times or driving in 2 to 3 complete circles at slow to medium speed. (Large empty parking lots work great)
5. When the calibration is successfully completed, 'Cal' disappears from the display and normal compass operation resumes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts