Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to firm up their shift on an automatic? I found this link that shows how one guy did it. I am worried that if I adjust too much I may mess up the tranny...true? Also I may not be able to get it back into place correctly? Any done anything besides adding shift kit?

http://www.jcj.net/dodgeram/trans_adjustment.htm

·
Registered
923 Posts
It seems like it would work, but I wonder what it is doing to the transmission. Basically you are fooling the tranny into thinking that the truck is getting more throttle than it really is. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I wonder what shifts under WOT would be like? Anybody with more knowledge feel free to comment. My main concern is damage done to the tranny by improper shift points.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i have tried adjusting mine and i really didnt notice any difference like you would with a shift kit. i only noticed a difference if i was stomping the throttle, but i put it back. also be careful when you take the cover piece off you can easily break the clips they are brittle from hot to cold temperatures. good luck if you go with it,let me know.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am working on the pictures of the truc. I don't have a digital camera but i can barrow one sometime in the near future. Also, I don't yet have my new wheels and tires on yet. I am planningon ordering some Swamper 35x12.50r16.5 on 16.5x9.75 rims. I just hope that they dont rub and that there is no real power loss with the newer tires. I am currently runny the stock wheels with 32 inch ssr's. Ill try to get th pics out soon.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-01-14 15:04, SilverOffroadster wrote:
Has anyone tried to firm up their shift on an automatic? I found this link that shows how one guy did it. I am worried that if I adjust too much I may mess up the tranny...true? Also I may not be able to get it back into place correctly? Any done anything besides adding shift kit?

http://www.jcj.net/dodgeram/trans_adjustment.htm

the dodge site speedtweaks.com and dodgeram.org both have something on this. with the consequences of doing it wrong or to much being, i wouldnt take my chances.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts