Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to get the tranny pan off a 1999 Z71 new body style? The other night i went to change my tranny filter and couldnt get the f-ing pan off. It would drop down but then get stuck on something in the valvebody. I was thinking of undoing the head pipes, i think that would give me just enough to drop the pan. I just dont want to udo things i dont have to. Please help. Very disappointing to get so far and then to have it get stuck on something.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Actually, you are most likely getting hung up on the heat shield. If you look on the passenger side between the catalytic converter and the trans. there is a heat shield that needs to be removed first. MAKE SURE YOU REPLACE THIS SHIELD after you're done. On the drivers side you need to remove the shift linkage. Once this is done the pan should drop with a little coaxing. There is nothing internally that the pan can hang up on.

Sniper

On 2002-04-17 22:47, Gopher wrote:
Anyone know how to get the tranny pan off a 1999 Z71 new body style? The other night i went to change my tranny filter and couldnt get the f-ing pan off. It would drop down but then get stuck on something in the valvebody. I was thinking of undoing the head pipes, i think that would give me just enough to drop the pan. I just dont want to udo things i dont have to. Please help. Very disappointing to get so far and then to have it get stuck on something.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts