Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with the tranny not shifting out of first right? It will only shift out of first when I take my foot off the gas. The rest of the shifts are okay. Tryed it manualy and it still did the same thing. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds to me like you need to have your tranny bands adjusted. I did this on mine and it was scary for me, but I evidently did it right. Get a Chiltons or Haynes manual and that will show you how to do it. Otherwise, to the tranny shop you go. Might want to go there first anyway and get their opinion/estimate. Might save you some time, and if you decide to do the bands yourself and they say it's the bands, then you're in good shape.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
I assume you are not low on fluid...or fried the tork converter..(makes a swishing sound when broken)
there is a shift adjuster cable attached to the throdle/intake manifold ..it probably needs adjustment. sounds like it slipped.

·
Registered
246 Posts
ok here is the best thing to do..... take it to a tranny shop asap cuz mine was doin that in od and then it cost me 2300 bucks so dont put it off you might get luckt if they catch it sooner.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I agree with FJthis, you better take it in NOW, mine did the same thing before it blew up. Take it from 2 people who know...That is a preliminary symptom to failure altogether...Don't drive on it anymore than you have to, don't put it off, or anything like that, or you will end up hitchhiking home! TRUST ME!

·
Registered
246 Posts
i just had to ad hahaha Beast. sorry the way you write i can just picture it and i had to lol a little. but take it in man .... $2300 bucks aint cheap and i am soo broke i now have a new tranny and i dont have any money to put gas in it :(:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts